Thursday, June 25, 2009

Repurposing

Every summer after school ends my daughter and I tackle her bedroom. We give it a good cleaning, we rearrange furniture and we get rid of excess stuff accumulated throughout the year. In other words, we give it a good Spring Cleaning, but in the summer. Well this year is no different. We haven't quite finished, however, I decided to take a short "creative break." Amongst some of the decor she claims she has already "out-grown" and wants to get out of her room was this cute, but simple decorative wire corset. I bought this piece at a garage sale for 50 cents. Can you believe it? I do love a bargain. I knew I wouldn't be using it anywhere else in our cottage so I decided to repurpose it. So this is what I came up with. What do you think?

From a cute corset to a decorative wire cloche. I'll have to admit, this project was quite challenging, but it was very gratifying to see it completed. A word to the wise, always wear gloves when working with wire. Ouch!!!

7 comments:

Anna Margaret said...

What a great idea! And oh so creative if I don`t say so myself....I also love a bargain and wow what a bargain!
~ Anna Margaret

Jacque said...

Ana, I love the cloche! Don't you feel good about repurposing? I know I do!! I loved the wire corset too--thats not something you see every day.

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Wow what a transformation, it looks so good!
Hugs~Kelly

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Ana,
I love what you've done with your find, it turned out so cute as a cloche. Happy Summer to you too!
xo~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

PS I love, love, love the furniture on your sidebar (gee, did I say that already?), it's beautiful! Talk after vacation ;)

Dawn said...

This is my first visit to your blog. It's beautiful! The corset to cloche is an amazing transformation. I recently used a wire corset, (though not as curvy as yours!) to display a vintage apron that was given to me.
Dawn

~Allie~ said...

this is my favorite transformation i have ever witnessed! It is amazing! sooooooo creative! thanks so much for posting it!