Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Romantic Homes Magazine-June 2009



I have been a Romantic Homes Magazine fan for quite a while now. I love the beautiful pictures, inspiring articles and great decorating tips. I love this magazine so much I've been slowing collecting old as well as the new issues. Well, since this magazine is one of my most favorite I've decided to write a monthly post on some article, picture, idea or tip I've seen or read in that particular month's issue. Alright then, lets begin.


In the June 2009 issue I found an awesome idea for creating lovely furniture from vintage salvage materials.
This cupboard, for example, was made from a vintage window, vintage bead board for the backing and crown molding. I think it is absolutely beautiful. I wonder if I can get my hubby to build me one?


This Savannah, a multiple purpose shelving unit, was cleverly made out of a vintage wooden door, vintage table legs, cast iron brackets and part of a vintage tabletop for the table and the top shelf. Both pieces where finished with white paint and viola! It goes to show that with a little imagination, some white paint and some creativity one can create beautiful masterpieces out of recycled stuff. However, if working with tools isn't your thing and you are more of an instant gratification kinda person, you can find these pieces and others like them ready made and ready for purchase at www.theroseberrycottage.com. Well, I hope these ideas stirred your creative juices as much as they did mine. Until next time, be thankful, be happy and be creative!

2 comments:

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Hi Ana,
Thanks so much for stopping by, your home looks adorable, I want to see more (; I love the projects on your post and I popped over and took a look at Roseberry Cottage, that looks like a great site!
Hugs~Kelly

Ana said...

Hi Kelly,
Thank you for your comment. Please come back to visit. I'm new to the blogging world so I'm still getting the hang of it and I'm still a bit slow. However, I'll be doing more stuff to my blog. Stay tune.
-Ana