Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mini Sewing Makeover Project


Y esterday my daughter and I did a run to one of our local thrift stores, the only one with air conditioning, to escape this heat a bit. I found a couple of things, I guess that goes without saying. I don't think I've ever come back home empty handed from a thrift store trip. Anyway, one of my finds was this cute hanging basket. When I first saw it I knew exactly what I would use it for. So as soon as the sun went down and it cooled off a bit, I began my mini sewing makeover.


I dug through my scrap fabric and found the perfect piece. It's a beautiful red rose and white hydrangea fabric I had used to make some throw pillows for my sofas.


I pulled out my sewing machine and embroidering machine and was ready to go.


Here's a little clue...well big clue, of what the basket is going to be used for.


Voilá! It's a MAIL BASKET. I love it. Now to find the perfect place for it.



The front door might be a logical place for it, but it might get in the way. Hum. Well, I'll keep looking.

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Have a awesome day.

16 comments:

Connie from Big Bear Lake California said...

How clever and it turned out beautiful!! Wished I could sew. I can cook anything but sew, not so much! I envy anyone that can. Connie

~Allie~ said...

I love this basket! I think I might try to make one myself! Love the idea.. thanks!

DC said...

Tia/Mom Ana,

This is really cute!

We miss you guys a lot
We hope to see you very soon!

We love you,
Diane and Joe

June said...

Hi Ana, you clever girl! This is too cool. I just love it. I love how you get in and get things done. I wish I was more like that.
Smiles,
June

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

I wish I could sew....I am coming up with some easy No~sew projects to share on my blog.

Thanks for stopping by..I see your blog is fairly new......blogging is so much fun. I love all the talent and that everyone is so willing to share ideas.

I will be back and once I get my blog roll back in order I will add your blog :)

Dawn said...

That is great! I love the whole idea. That machine of yours is awesome. The fabric is lovely, florals are always my favorite.
Dawn

Jacque said...

That is a great mail basket! I need an embroidery machine! My sis has one and she does good work on hers too! Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse today. Looks like you are going to be participating in the Pay it Forward giving...I will contact you later on for a mailing address...now, I have to decided just what I will be making...I want to personalize things for every winner...Thanks for sharing, I do love reading your blog

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I LOVE your basket redo is SUPER cute! YES, Sutter Creek is CA, about 40 minutes from our home! Fox Inn was right next door to Sutter Creek Inn... It looked COZY!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Ana ! Oh your mail basket is too cute !! And what kind of embroidery machine do you have ? I do alot of hand embroidery.
Thanks for stopping by. Now I am going to go get on your followers.Come back soon !

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Ana,
That mail basket is just darling, I love it to bits! Thank you for sharing your talent with us all. Have a beautiful weekend, talk soon!
xo~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Me again...
I forgot to say "merci" for all the sweet comments about my studio. They are much appreciated, sweet Ana! xo~Tracie

Chrisy said...

Very clever...be careful tho things could disappear in there for a loooonnnnggg time....

shabbyscraps said...

what a darling project ana! I have an embroidery machine that I really don't know how to use, so it never gets turned on! you have inspired me to go read the manual!
xoxo, Tiffany

Shabby Addict said...

That is adorable! I wish I was handy like that with the sewing machines! Absolutely love it. Could definitely use a mail basket too!

Simply Dandy said...

Adorable mail basket. Love it.

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Your collection of birdies is sweet but I love the basket you made is adorable, you are so talented I wish I could sew!
Hugs~Kelly