Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pretty Bird

O n this beautiful sunny day, as I hear the birds singing outside my window, I thought it would be the perfect time to share with you my bird collection. I love and collect all kinds. These two cuties sit on my nightstand. (Above)

There is another one behind them in a beautiful white cage. I picked up the cage at a thrift store and added the bird and nest later.
Here's a closer look.
This is a pair of vintage silver plated salt and peppershakers I purchased on ebay. They sit on a beautiful branch with a couple of flowers.
And here's a closer look.
This little one can be found nesting in my dinning room.

A couple more cuties.
This one is a candleholder...I added the glass votive holder that once belonged to a wall sconce.

Well there you have it, my pretty little birds. They can be found through out my petite cottage. They are a sweet reminder of how wonderful and great God is and how blessed we are to be able to enjoy such beauty on a daily basis.


Thank you so much for dropping by and visiting.


I hope you enjoyed your stay.


Come back soon.

12 comments:

Jodi@SimplyThisThat n.. said...

What a beautiful "collection". I {heart} birds. I have some of my grandmother's and they are simply awesome.

June said...

I love birds too! Your collection has some beauties in it. I really love those silverplate salt and pepper shakers. I collect bird cages and I love the one you have on your nightstand.
Smiles,
June

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Love all the CUTE birdies... Birdies make me smile! :) By the way I seriously LOVE your spoon and fork wall collage... Where did you find your prints??

Dawn said...

Hi Ana, thanks for following. I enjoy bird figurines too. I especially love the silver salt and pepper shakers on the branch.
Dawn

Ana said...

Hi Jen,
I made my wall collage. I bought the canvases and frames at a yard sale for a dollar a set. I then decoupage the spoon and fork pictures onto the canvases and re-framed them. (I printed the pictures from my computer.) Next I glued some ribbon on the back to connect the two and to create a hanger. The fork holding the frames was and old fork my mother-in-law gave me. My hubby drilled a hole so I could nail it to the wall then I just hung the frames from the fork’s prongs. Pretty easy huh?

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

~Ana♥

~Allie~ said...

WE ARE SO MUCH ALIKE IT HURTS! I just found a pair of cute birds at a yardsale (actually my DIL knows of my birdy obsession and picked them up before i found them and gave them to me) and they were a hideous color so I spray painted them white! I cannot wait to put them in my daughter;s birdcage in her shabby little room! They are actually salt and pepper shakers so I can use them also! whooo hooO!

charmaine said...

wow! so beautiful! i love the birds! your blog is so pretty! love it. thank you for your very nice comment. i really appreciate it.

God Bless,
Charmaine

Mary said...

What precious things you have! I would love to visit your home, and get inspired by all your lovely furnishings and accessories. Very, very pretty!

Aimee said...

Everything is so pretty. I also love cloches, birds and birdcages. You have collected some really pieces.

If you get a chance come visit my Blog and say hi!

Have a great day,
Aimee

~Allie~ said...

ok... so i have lots of typos! i meant my sis in law, SIL..NOT DAUGHTER IN LAW! HAHA sorry! I have to type in a hurry between my motherly duties! LOL Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

~Allie~ said...

your kitchen is my DREAM kitchen! soooo beautiful! Your black table is almost just like ours....EXCEPT ours in hunter green...yuck! I bought ot for GREAT DEAL so painting it will be worth it! I am painting it black soon ;) I can't wait for my br to be done..and I will definitely post pics! Have a great weekend!

pamperedgirl38 said...

Thanks fot the nice comments! I will try to calm down before I give myself a coronary! Nice to know I'm not the only one!Your birdies are very cute!! I also love your vintage stove!!! I've been keeping my eye out for one no luck yet. Traci