Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Romantic Homes Magazine-July 2009

T his month's issue was all about summer, "The Sweet Side of Summer." And like always, it was filled with pictures of beautiful homes, creative ideas and much more. What caught my attention in this month's issue was a craft project that I thought was very cute, creative and fairly easy to make. The title was "Decorative Wooden Clips... For the well- dressed document" By Lisa Tutman-Oglesby. They're decoupage clothespins.

I thought this was a very clever way to dress up something that gets quite of bit of use in our cottage. (I like using clothespins for my chip bags). The article gave several other suggestions for uses. Aside from the chip bag clip idea, I also liked the idea of a fridge magnet. Just add a magnet to one side of the clip and presto. Another great suggestion was to drill a small hole in the top of the clip and then screw several of them onto a bulletin board, making organization a snap. They can also be used instead of paperclips, keeping papers tidy in a more elegantly chic way.

The list of things you'll need is small. The list consists of wood clothespins, patterned scrapbook paper, fluid adhesive, such as decoupage glue or Mod Podge, and a craft file or emery board (optional) used to give the pins a more destress and vintage look. The directions given were easy to follow. I can't wait to get started on my own set of decoupage clothespins.

5 comments:

June said...

This is really a lovely idea. I think I will put this on my to do list as well. Thank you for sharing.
Smiles,
June

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Ana! Thanks for coming by and saying hi! I love this idea. In fact I used old book and dictionary pages to the ones I use in my studio. If you paint the clothespin close to the color of the paper you are going to use, you really only have to do the outside, so it's much easier. Have fun with your project. Make sure you do a post when you are finished!

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Ana said...

Great idea Karen. I'll have to try that. Thank you for the tip.

~♥~

Jacque said...

Hi Ana, thanks for stopping by the farmhouse today. You know, I thought I'd seen everything but I haven't seen those decoupage clothespins. They are too cute!! That may just be my next project...thanks for sharing

June said...

Hi Ana, I had to come over again and tell you that the message you left me today was so lovely of you. It made my day. I am so glad that our pathe crossed and that we can get to know one another better. Your home is so lovely and inviting.
Hugs,
June