Thursday, July 16, 2009

Transformation Thursday

H i everyone, today I'll be joining Gina from The Shabby Chic Cottage for her weekly Transformation Thursday. On this lovely Thursday I would like to share with you my $20.00 garage sale find.

I must apologize for the quality of the picture above. This was taken a while back with an older camera. Or maybe it was just the photographer...that would be me :) But trust me it was in dire need of a transformation.

Look at in now. I completely stripped it of paint and fabric. I then repainted it with an antique white, destressed it a little, reupholster the bottom part of the seat and arms, sewed red toile cushions and viola! What do you think? This was an older projected I tackled, but I thought it would be fun to share it with you. Hope you enjoy!

13 comments:

Shari said...

AMAZING transformation! I love it. Great job!

Aimee said...

You did an AMAZING job Ana!
I too love finding old pieces and turning them in to something gorgeous and giving them new life...
You can read the interview HGTV did with me on my Blog! It's called Aimee Boschet's Affordable Antiques and that's exactly what it's about, giving old pieces new purpose.

I will be putting up a post later on today with myself and Michelle, from the Bella Cottage.
Stop by if you get a chance!

Take care,
Aimee

The Little Jewelry Box said...

I love vintage and shabby chic!!! So glad I found you on Aimee's page:) Lovely site! I just asked Aimee so I will ask you as well... Would you like to follow one another and link exchange? Have a great day!

williamspartyoffive said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I LOVE THIS! SO UNIQUE! This would go perfect in my little girl's room! ahhhhhh, this is eye candy right here! great job! ;) $20.00? really? come on..

Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage said...

My jaw literally dropped! This is a fantabulous makeover!!!

Thanks so much for sharing it with me.

Jane said...

Great job. It's super cute now.

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Very pretty - a big transformation

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Your little couch looks perfect I love the paint choice, fabric and those pillows, I love it all(;
Hugs~Kelly

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Ana,
Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I loved your transformation of the settee. You have great sewing skills! I see we have chihuahua's in common! Your little Cookie is a cutie! Your home is lovely too!
~Patti

June said...

Ana, this is amazing! I can't believe how lovely this turned out. I LOOOOVE the pink!!!
Smiles,
June

Jacque said...

Ana, that is a great transformation! I love toile too! Thanks for sharing!

Lindsay said...

Wow! amazing change! Loving it!

Becky said...

How pretty is that! You did an awesome job.
Can't wait to see what you will do next. I can see that you will be an inspiration.
Hugs
Becky