Friday, August 21, 2009

Big Summer Project Update

A few weeks ago I hinted on a summer project my Hubby and I were working on. Well, I just thought I would give you an update. It is not completely done yet, but I'll share with you our progress thus far.

Outside the sliding french doors of our bedroom is an area I have dreamt of getting to for a while. A perfect spot for a patio. It took some sweet talk but I finally convinced my sweet, wonderful, awesome Hubby to tackle it. First task at hand was to pull up all that the crab grass. Not an easy task, let me tell you.

Next was to level the grown. Here is my hubby in the back directing the project and my very sweet brother-in-law who was just there to drop off the brick tiles and ended up giving us a hand. Thank you Victor!

This is our nephew pounding the ground to compact it. He makes it look so easy...that thing is heavy. Thank you Joe for all your hard work.

Taking a little break in the shade with Cookie.

These beautiful girls are my niece and my daughter with Bon Bon, (my Mom's Chihuahua) who also gave us a hand...thanks girls.

This is the following day. We (and by "we" I mean my Hubby) tackled laying the tiles down. He worked so hard, what a Sweetie.

Almost done with the tiles. Cookie is taking advantage of the shade...boy was it hot that day!

And here you have it, the patio floor done!! Yay! Great job Sweetie! Of course this is only phase one of our Big Summer Project. There is still more to be done so please stay tune for more updates.



Thank you so much for dropping by.


Have an amazing day!

11 comments:

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

I love new projects, it going to look great when you add your special touch out there! I am sorry I missed your post on your aunts stove she gave you, what an amazing gift, it is just beautiful and to be passed down through your family makes it even more special!
Hugs~Kelly

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

That is going to look great when you are finished! There is already a big difference! Can't wait to see the end result. I like to call them "outdoor rooms"!~Patti

Dawn said...

It looks wonderful Ana. I'm sure when you get it all done it will be a very nice spot to chill out!
Dawn

Mary said...

That's beautiful, Ana...I'm so happy for you! Looking forward to the finished pictures...I know it's quite a process, but when it's finished, it's so worth it. You're giving me some ideas...I wonder if I show this to my hubby....hee-hee. Have a wonderful day, Ana!

Mary

Musings of a Sea Witch said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Looks like you have a lovely new patio to enjoy the day and evening on. My honey and I live outside on our deck and enjoy weekend breakfasts watching the world go by. Have a delightful weekend. Sea Witch

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi Ana!!

Saw your comment on Dawn's blog and thought I would come to visit!! The pictures and your projects on your sidebar really caught my attention. I really think they would be so pretty in a magazine, and I mean that!

Isn't it exciting to see a project like your patio becoming a dream come tru?? You are going to have so much fun adding all your personal touches to it...flowers, places to sit to read & eat & dream...I can't wait to see what you do with it!

I also looked at your decoupage projects. I love them and I will have to go to your post to see how they are made. They sound like fun projects!!

I hope YOU have an amazing day, Ana!! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

Hi Ana,
what a great place to relax now. I think that is the perfect spot to take a cup of tea(or whatever you like) and read some pretty magazines. Very nice!! I need to learn how to sweet talk my hubby!! LOL
♥ Rebecca

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Looks like a big project...
Yes, I made Mr. Bones... Thanks for your sweet comment!

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Looks great so far........it is a lot of work tearing up grass and leveling the ground. I have made my poor hubby do that a few times!

Enjoy your Sunday :)

Jacque said...

What a great addition to your home! I know how hard a job that is--thank goodness for sweet hubbies! Can't wait to see what you are working on next!

Cindy said...

Your patio will be so beautiful! I know you will enjoy it soooo much, too. Have a great weekend, Hugs, Cindy Thank you for your comment on my window box! You are a sweetie.