Monday, August 10, 2009

Birdhouse Makeover

L ately it's been too hot to do much of anything. But I'm not one to sit still. A few days ago I worked on a project I've been wanting to get to for a while. This craft project didn't require much energy so I was able to work through it without overheating too much. :^)


I can't remember where I got this birdhouse from as for this was a while back. I'm pretty sure it was either a yard sale or thrift shop. Anyway, this is not what it looked like when I first got it. I repainted it and added the white picket fence and perch.

I wasn't 100% thrilled with the end results so I thought I would give it another try. I was unsatisfied with how plain it turned out. I thought it needed something else, something to make it stand out.

I've only decoupage twice before and I had a blast doing it, so I decided that was the direction I would take with this little birdhouse. I used vintage dictionary pages and some of my buttons for a bit of pizazz. Finally my Birdhouse Makeover is complete. What do you think?

Thank you for stopping by!

Keep cool and hope you come back soon!

7 comments:

Jacque said...

OH Ana, I think that turned out TOO CUTE!! Isn't it amazing how our tastes change over time? I have always loved to decoupage and "fou fou" things up! You have a great eye for decorating! I simply love all the things that I have seen in your home!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

It looks great! I think I really like the decoupaged look! Check out one of my much earlier posts and see what how I transformed an americana birdhouse lamp into a shabby chic one.
~Patti

pamperedgirl38 said...

Ana that turned out adorable, how creative! Love that green color one of my personal favorites! So glad to hear your poll results.Today is the day they arrive! Don't worry I havn't stressed toooooo much! Traci

Lindsay@ THAT'S SO CUEGLY said...

Great turn out! I'm SO SO into worded paper right now! So that was fun fun!

June said...

Hi Ana,
I love the little birdie house. The buttons on the roofline is such a cute idea. I love seeing your creativity.
Smiles,
June

Bellamere Cottage said...

Simply adorable...I LOVE it!

Blessings,
Spencer

Candy said...

I know what you mean about the heat, I so miss being outside. What a cute creation. The pages were the perfect touch to add the pizazz you were looking for. Thanks for stopping by today and come back soon ;-)