Friday, August 14, 2009

Chippy Paint Friday!

Y ay! Today is Friday, but not just any Friday. It's Chippy Paint Friday over at The Faded Cottage, hosted by the lovely Janice. Today is when we get to show off our treasured items that have been naturally chipped, weathered and faded.

On this fabulous Friday I will be showing off one of most favorite pieces. This trunk/chest center table was a gift from my cousin who just so happens to love all things shabby too.

I don't know what it is about vintage, weathered, chippy furniture that just makes my heart melt. I must admit some people think I am absolutely crazy... my Dad, for example, he would say I'm mad to waste my money on junk. But what can I say...I can see the beauty in a piece like this.
Just look at the detail on this knob. I love it.

I love this look so much I have been known to recreate it on other pieces, whether they are vintage or not. However, there is nothing like a piece that has naturally, with time, become a Chippy Paint Treasure. Please hop on over to Janice's at The Faded Cottage to say hello, and tell her Ana sent you.

Thank you so much for dropping by.

Wishing you all a great weekend.

9 comments:

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Too much caffeine....it is 1:30 am~lol
Was cleaning the office/guest room for most of the day~trying to make it a space for my Hubby since I claim almost every other space in our home:)

I adore chippy furniture....it speaks to me.
I love your pink glasses and can't wait to see how you spruce up your other finds. I spend more when Hubby is not around at the Thrift stores.

Last weekend my daughter and I hit 14 thrift stores in our town!!!

Dawn said...

That is a beautiful piece Ana. It seems the shabby chic style is here to stay!
Dawn

June said...

Hi Ana,
That chest is beautiful. Your pictures of it are divine. I LOVE the hardware on that piece. Thank you for sharing.
Smiles,
June

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

LOVE it, I did a tutorial on weathered wood here, I am about to make some things today using this trick...
http://lipstickandlaundryca.blogspot.com/2009/07/weathered-wood-tutorial-and-gifts.html

Mary said...

So pretty, Ana! I much prefer the naturally chipped and faded pieces, too, but I don't see much of it around here. At least I hava a few things that at least look that way! Great drawer pull, too, very unique. Have a great week-end!

Mary

The Faded Cottage said...

Oh Ana,
Love your chippy paint piece and the hardware is adorable. Thanks for sharing your beautiful piece and for being a part of Chippy Paint Fridays!!
Have a fabulous Friday, Janice

Faded Charm said...

What a great chippy piece. I will add your name to my list of participants and then all you have to do is post about all your wonderfully white things on Wednesday. If you'd like you can add my logo to your blog to let more people know about it.

So glad you are interested in joining and can't wait to see all your white beauties.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Kathleen

Jacque said...

Hi Ana...I know what you mean about your Father...my family ALWAYS asks me first before they discard anything--THAT IS OUR GOLDEN RULE--I can usually come up with some way to re-furbish, re-finish, and re-cycle it...then, they wish they never gave it away...LOL...They can't understand why I prefer old stuff to new...when you love it, you just LOVE it!!

Thanks for sharing today!

Aimee said...

I totally agree with you! I too love the old weathered, chippy look. It tells a story and gives a history to the piece...

If you get a chance, stop by my Blog for a visit and say hi! I just put up a New Post!
Have a great day,
Aimee