Sunday, August 16, 2009

Decoupage Projects

H ey everyone. Today I would like to start by making a correction to a post I did a few days ago. In my Birdhouse Makeover post I claimed to had decoupage only twice before, but I lied. Well, not on purpose, I simply forgot one other project I had done.

The two projects I was thinking about were this one of utensils, which you might recognize. (They're on my blog's sidebar.) And my very first one, which was a bed tray that I decoupage with french inspired designs for my daughter's room. Sadly she no longer has it so I have no pictures to show you :-(



This was the project I was forgetting. I'm not sure how I could have forgotten since I see it every day in ......"The Loo"

"Il Gabinetto"


"El Baño"

"La Toilette"

Can you believe those were frames from the 99 cent store? I made these out of some scrap booking paper as a background, some prints by Martha Furman I found on-line and four flat canvases I purchased at Michael's. Anyway, I just thought I would clarify my error :-) Wishing you all an awesome Monday!


Have a wonderful day!



I love company so come visit again real soon!

10 comments:

Atelje Skärvan said...

Hello Ana!
So nice pictures you have done,have a good day
Agneta

Musings of a Sea Witch said...

These are just lovely. I must say that every time I hear the word decoupage, I think of my mother She first brought the art of decoupage into the house in 1970 by creating a lovely little picture of butter cups. I still have that picture somewhere packed away. I remember her painstakingly laying down almost 20 coats of varnish and then waiting for each to cure out and then she would lovingly steel wool the coat down to a smooth finish before applying the next coat. I loved the ritual of what she did and the final outcome. Sea Witch

June said...

Hi Ana,
It was so great to have you stop by and leave that lovely message about the garden. I love the artwork you have made to point the way to the bathroom. I think the artwork hanging on the fork is so pretty. I don't think I would have thought of such a clever way to hang these beauties.
Hugs,
June

pamperedgirl38 said...

Hi Ana,
I'am back from my week with nieces. We did have a ball. You will have to stop by and see my latest post about them. Ilove your artwork you created! I have a La toliette print very similar to yours. I thought it was very cute!Great minds think alike!have a wonderful Monday! Traci

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I am so in love with your utensil project... Do you remember where your images came from?? Is the fork they are hanging from a huge one, or regular size??

Elyse said...

hi ana,

what a beautiful blog you have! wonderful projects, too.

thanks so much for stopping by to enter my giveaway. nice to find you, too!

xo

Dawn said...

I love these for prints for your bathroom. It sounds so much prettier in a language other than English!
Dawn

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Ana, those are so pretty .

Cindy said...

Those pictures that you have put together are very beautiful! I love the ones of kitchen utensils, I would love to have some like them. Hugs, Cindy S

Lisa @ On Cloud Pink said...

I love the bathroom prints and I love how you used a fork as a hook - ingenius!

As for the decals, they are easy to use and you get them on ebay...for cheap too!

Toodlepeeps!