Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's All About Red Today


Hey everyone, it's Rednesday over at Sue's blog It's A Very Cherry World! As some of you may or may not know, my favorite color is pink. Red, however, comes in a very close second. Maybe it's because it is technically the same color...just a different hue :^) Well I thought it would be fun to join in today and to share all my Petite Cottage red accents.

I believe that every room should have something red in it. I feel it just makes a space come alive. In this case it's a whole wall. This is my dinning room.

To compliment the red dinning room wall I made these red floral chandelier shades.

In my living room you can also find a red accent wall with other touches of red, like this red throw I found at a thrift store for only $1.99. I love the red and white contrast.

On the mantel sit two of these cute little tea light lamps. I got them on clearance at Target. They originally had blue shades so I just redid them in red, plus I added the crystals.

Our little cottage is a bi-level home so at the bottom of the stairs you can find this white bench with red cushion for resting after walking down all of six steps :^)

You can even find a little bit of red in the kitchen. Oh! and I almost forgot...our blender is red too. This is another combination I love...red and green.


Well this was tons of fun. I just wanted to thank Sue for hosting Rednesday!

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Thank you so much for your company!

Hope you'll stop by and visit again soon.

16 comments:

pamperedgirl38 said...

OOHHH, Ana I love red too! Obvisouly the red door. It just cheers me up! I love that mirror over your buffett! Gorgeous! Your house just looks so charming and homey. Have a great rednesday! Traci

LV said...

I like red too as it brightens you up as you get older. However, I do not have much red in my house. Your reds and how you have used them are very pretty. Thanks for sharing and leaving me a nice comment.

Lindsay@ THAT'S SO CUEGLY said...

Mmm, I love red. Love your accents!

Candy said...

What a pleasure to have you visit over the picket fence. Love your splashes of red and that pillow is for me...'C' for Candy! Looking forward to more sharing real soon ;-)

Mary said...

Hi Ana, I also love red. I painted my living room and dining room red a couple of years ago, but alas, I repainted it cream again - I think I overdid it! I bring out my red accessories in the winter, especially Christmas! Your chandelier is beautiful,and with the red print shades, it's just gorgeous! You have a beautiful home!

~Allie~ said...

My favorite thing was the red whisk! LOL
Its the little things.. right? LOL

Jacque said...

Ana, Somehow, I just knew you were a PINK kind of lady. I do love your RED. My previous home had alot of red, but the farmhouse has more oranges--which technically is a shade of red too!! Anyway, I really do love your home. It looks meticulous! I sure do love that long picture of the roses over your bed...that is lovely! Thanks for being my blog friend!! You are too kind!

~~Carol~~ said...

Well, you've got alot of red, even though you're a pink girl! I love that red wall in your dining room. How dramatic, and it just makes the white mirror pop! The shades you made for that chandy are fantastic, and I want that bench!
Happy Rednesday!

~Allie~ said...

where did you get your canisters for coffee, tea, etc? I love them!!!

June said...

Hi Ana,
I love your reds. If you can believe this, under all my white and pastel slipcovers, lurks the most beautiful reds. Yes, I was a red freak before I became a pastel freak. That's the beauty of slips, I can always go back.
Smiles,
June

Connie from Big Bear Lake California said...

Ana, I have awarded you with the One Lovely Blog Award. Go to my blog to claim it and cop&paste to your blog. Connie

Dawn said...

Ah, Ana you are a girl after my own heart. I love all your red accents. Your home is so pretty. Every little touch of red is just perfect.
Dawn

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love all your red, kindred spirit. Red is my favorite color, mixed in with Creams, Whites and Black.Thanks so much for visiting me today! I have added your name to my give away...
hope you are having a happy day.
xoxo Lidy

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Love all your red!! Your home looks so cozy(;
Hugs~Kelly

stagingworks2009 said...

Ana..you have nice red collection here. I love to see them as I get some new inspiration from these. Thanks for sharing. Check out also this one Home Staging Photos

Neabear said...

This is my first visit to your lovely blog. I came over here from REDnesday. I am late checking out other REDnesday posts. Love your reds. Hope you are having a great week!