Monday, September 21, 2009

Clever and Creative or Simply Insane?

I don't know about anybody else, but I certainly don't like the look of modern electronics. They just don't go with the romantic cottage style I'm going for. However, I'm the first to admit that I can't possibly function without them. So what to do? Here's a little challenge for you. Can you find my husband's alarm clock on his night stand?

Here's a closer look...Still can't find it?

Let's see what's under here.

Um, there's nothing there.

Maybe under here? Yay! There it is!

All I did was cut off the bottom and a little square from the back (for the cord) of this cute little basket. Oh yes! I also glued the ends of the basket weave so it wouldn't come apart.


And all my hubby has to do is lift it out of the way at night and in the morning I just put it back in its place. Clever huh? Or do you think it's a totally crazy idea? My hubby said you'd all think it was crazy. I know he thinks it's crazy.....but he loves me and my crazy ideas anyways. Right Sweetie? I do hope there's a least one more person out there that thinks this idea is as clever and creative as I think it is. Anyone? :-D


Thanks for stopping by!

Wishing everyone a wonderfully creative day!

18 comments:

cottagesweet said...

That may be me! I'm with you. A modern clock looks best under the pretty basket. After all, who looks at the time while asleep?!

maría cecilia said...

A very lovely idea Ana!!... and yes, very clever!!
Have a great week
maría cecilia

Dawn said...

Great idea! But you already knew that.
Dawn

Rebecca said...

I love it Ana! Whoo Hoo good!

xoRebecca

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Ana, I think it is a great idea! I would have never guessed! Bisous... Juie Marie

Denise Auras said...

BELISSIMO!!!!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

What a clever idea. I love it. It really looks so cute. Hugs, Marty

Mama T said...

Ok, you have inspired me. I too do not like the looks of modern life any where near our shabby decor, but like you, I can't do without em. Kinda like husbands, just kiddin. Off to hide my CD player. I have a good idea on what do to with it. Come over later and see where it went.

stefanie said...

ta da!!! super cute idea!

Vera said...

So lovely blog!
I liked this idea....and my husband too....he don't like the light of the clock when he go to sleep!

Mary said...

Love it! I'm going to do the same thing...with the toaster, the food processor, the remote controls...the possibilities are endless! A darling basket is the perfect answer..great idea!

Blessings,
Mary

June said...

Ana you are a ever so clever and I'm off to find me a basket right now. Wonderful idea.
be sure and tell hubs that we all think you are so not crazy!
Hugs,
June

Elyse said...

you have invented the alarm clock cozy!

very fun.

xo

Vicki said...

Hi, Ana,
It makes perfect sense to me! I love that clever idea. I hate electronics showing, too. Just doesn't fit in with our romantic homes, does it? Happy autumn to you and thank you so much for stopping by for a visit today. Vicki

Jen said...

Hi Ana, now I am visiting you! Love your blog and I love the idea, very creative.

Jen

Gina said...

Definitely a creative idea! I wonder what my husband would say if I did this to our alarm clock?

Atelier de Charo said...

Muy buena idea!!!
Cariños
Charo

Sandra said...

Hi Ana. I love the idea of hiding the alarm clock under the basket. I need to come up with something to hide the telephone. lol
Good job!
Blessings,
Sandra