Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Repurposed Tray!

R ecently I've seen these beautiful chalkboard trays everywhere. I think they're absolutely wonderful, so much so that I just had to have one of my very own! :-) So I thought to myself, I have some chalkboard paint from a previous project and I have a small tray tucked away that can definitely be repurposed.....why not make one myself?

First I prepared the tray. I gave it a good cleaning making sure I had a nice clean surface for the paint then I put painter's tape around the border so that I would get a straight, clean edge all the way around. And finally I gave it a couple coats of black chalkboard paint, making sure every coat was dry before I put on the next.

Since this tray has no handles, my wonderful, charming, always ready to assist hubby, drill tiny holes on the side of the tray so that I may run some ribbon through for hanging. Also, this way I have the option of changing out the ribbon.

And here it is, finished and in its new home.

I really do like how it turned out. I love my new chalkboard tray!

So there you have it, one more project completed. Yay! And now on to the next.

Thanks everyone for dropping by. I sure do enjoy your company and I truly do appreciate all those sweet comments you leave me. Thank you so much!


Have wonderfully creative day!

18 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oooh Ana, that turned out so beautiful! I want to make one, but I don't think I am smart enough to do so! I love what you wrote on it too, it is perfect!!! Bisous... Julie Marie

Stacey said...

Your chalk board tray turned out beautiful! I love the sides of your tray - very elegant! I have came across so many of the chalk board trays on others blogs that I am going to have to do one myself. Have a great day!

Mama T said...

Oh my!! I just love it. I really like the display too. Hanging it from that white bird, too cute. You have got some great ideas. Just keep it up and I'll try to keep up with you. Thanks for the inspirations.

Vicki said...

Hello, Ana,
You never cease to amaze me with your wonderful creations! I love that idea of transforming the tray into a chalkboard. You have it so charmingly displayed, too. Sending autumn blessings your way. Vicki

Cindy-Stitches-N-Stuff said...

This is sooooo cool. I love that you can change the message, and I love where it's located and I love the ribbon. I'd like to do it but my hubby wouldn't drill the holes for ribbon. But I could -----



cindy@stitches

stefanie said...

i love it!!!!

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

I like how you displayed your tray and think it is great that you can change out the ribbon too.

We made it back from our trip and I will be posting tonight :)

Christine said...

I discovered your blog while visitings June's Laughing with Angels. I am so glad I did. I just love your blog and the chalk board tray turned out just beautifully. I am dying to do one I just haven't had any luck find a tray or ornate picture frame but as soon as I do I'm going to share it with you!

BellaRosa said...

Hello Ana, how lovely your chalkboard project came out. I am gland I found your blog..it is beautiful..I liked it so much I had to become a follower and add you to my lil blogs liste of Beautiful places to visit and dream :) Rose

Aimee said...

That is GORGEOUS!!! What a creative idea. Your Blog is always so inspiring...

If you get a chance, stop by my Blog for a visit and say hi! I just put up a new post...
Have a great day,
Aimee

Gina said...

You always amaze me with your creations! I love this tray!

Jacque said...

That is lovely!! You did a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing!

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Ana, this is really lovely. I am going to give this one a try as I have several silver plated trays that I really don't use. I love it!!!!

Barb ♥

June said...

Ana. I LOVE this! What a cool project. It looks so lovely there in your vignette. Thank you for showing the steps that you took in making it. Now off to find a pretty tray.
Hugs,
June

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I have been wanting to do this ! Now you have inspired me Ana !

Vicki said...

Hi, sweet Ana,
Thank you for stopping by today. I would absolutely love to have you come and visit with me in my garden! We could sip coffee and eat chocolate. Vicki

blushing rose said...

Love the edging on this one ... very pretty & great penmanship. Enjoyed my visit, pop over ... have a great weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

I love it and the ribbon idea was perfect(;
Hugs~Kelly