Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shabby Chic Digital Frame

I t's Transformation Thursday today over at Gina's, The Shabby Chic Cottage and I'm joining in the fun! Can't wait until you see what I've done. So keep on scrolling down!:-)


A couple of birthdays ago my dad, who happens to love everything high tech, gave me this awesome Digital Photo Frame.


But it didn't really go with my home decor! The frame was too plain, kind of modern. What to do? Well, if you know me, you know that I can never leave well enough alone. I just had to shabby chic it somehow.

I started by pulling it apart. Good thing it came with two frames, just in case I messed one up. :-)

We had some molding left over from a home improvement project so I asked my hubby if he would miter the corners and make a frame for me. The original frames aren't real wood so I decided to epoxy the molding to the frame. Didn't want to risk breaking the frame when drilling or nailing. The reason why I decided to do it this way instead of just getting a ready made frame for it was because the digital frame was not an ordinary frame, it was especially adapted for the screen. And if you're wondering why I just didn't paint the frame it came with well, it just wasn't shabby chic enough.


I used some wood filler to clean up the corners and gave it a shabby chic paint job. Oh! the little dot you see in the bottom center of the frame is a hole my hubby drilled for the remote censor. Clever huh?

Here it is finished and displayed proudly. Finally it fits in!

And this is what the frame looks like turned on. The flower you see on top belongs to a plate stand. I just hung it over the frame for a bit more shabby chicness. The kids in the picture are my daughter and her best friend since kinder. I am so happy with how this project turned out. Just goes to show you there is nothing that can't be "shabby chiced"


Why not run on over to Gina's and check out what others are sharing today! (just click on the Transformation Thursday Button at the beginning of my post.)




Have a wonderful day!


Please stop by and visit again soon.

16 comments:

Simply Dandy said...

Now that is a very pretty transformation. Did you see that Rachel Ashwell has reopened her shop in Santa Monica?? That will make a lot of pink girls very happy:)

Hugs,
LeAnn

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana, I LOVE what you did with the frame! I especially love the flower you put on the top! So shabby chic! Bisous... Juie Marie

Cindy said...

Ana, You are just SO smart! Wow, what a transformation, one would never guess how it started out. We recently received one like that and I sent it down to my husbands office because it is so modern looking. You have given me an idea! Thanks! Hugs, Cindy S.

maría cecilia said...

Ana, it looks so levely now, a very nice transformation you made.
cariños

Lady Pamela said...

This is so cool. I have one of those too, a gift and still in the box. I think I will give it a try. Thank you so much for the idea.

Jacque said...

You are too darn smart!! That is sooooooo cute! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks for the sweet emails.

Vicki said...

Hi, Ana,
Well, this will tell you how far behind times I am. I didn't know we had digital photo frames! I love yours! You did an amazing transformation and now it fits right in with your decor. It is sweet to have a picture of your daughter and her best friend of many years. Sending many blessings your way. Vicki

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Very clever....my son has a digital frame in his room but wouldn't you know..he could careless what it looks like.

From my blog feed..I think you may live in San Diego. We are headed that way this weekend. Just a short trip..maybe next time(if you do live there)we could get together. My hubby's whole family lives in San Diego :)

Gina said...

Great idea and it looks super! I never would have thought of doing this.

myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com said...

great idea! So much better.
gail

elmundodetrapito said...

hola ana pase a ver que cosa bellas realizaste
quedo bello el porta retrato hoy me acordaba
de vos pinte un sillon viejo todo blanco me quedo muy bien es para un salon de fiesta
le hice un gran almohadon en tono de buque de
rositas cariño sueñoscumplidos

Joy said...

How cute, I love this.. I have the same frame too, my son got if for me last christmas.

Susie said...

Great idea...mine also doesn't go...but it will soon! Thanks for visiting me today and I love your blog and ideas. Have an excellent weekend.
Susie

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Ana, I am sooo impressed! I have one of those that does not match my decor, now I know what to do! Thanks for the wonderful idea! It is so pretty and shabby chic! Screaming!!!!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Elise said...

really pretty ! Hope you enjoy the rest of Sunday, best wishes...

Neisey said...

that is such a good idea. turned out really cute.