Thursday, October 8, 2009

Notebook Project

A s promised, here is the notebook project created by the very lovely, gracious and multi-talented Sandra Evertson that was featured in the October issue of Romantic Homes. I thought it was such a practical and cute idea that I just had to make one for myself.

Permission is granted by Sandra to the consumer to use this design for personal use only.

Here, I'm printing the image out.

It was so much fun to make and easy too.

The article gives you all the instructions and a list of materials necessary to complete the notebook.

You can create pocket pages where you can carry just about anything. I think I'll put color swatches and pictures of decorating ideas. This way they are all in one cute and convenient place.

You can also add blank pages. I'll be using mine to log measurements so when I'm out shopping I have all the information handy.

I have chosen to use my little notebook as a portable design idea organizer of sorts. But actually this little notebook can be whatever you like. It's up to you and your imagination.



A special thanks goes out to Sandra Evertson for allowing me to share her project with you all. By the way she has a wonderful blog so if you would like to hop on over and say Hi just click here.



Thank you so much for dropping by for a visit.


I do hope you enjoyed your stay and hope you come and visit again real soon.






Hugs and Kisses,

18 comments:

Rita said...

Hola Ana,
thanks for visiting and leaving your sweet comment. Your comments are always so special and comforting. You made me realize that the world out there cannot always be black but it can also be white and even pink. Today I can see it thru pink glasses and I'm feeling serene inside!!!
Oh my, your blog is always a source of inspiration for new ideas. Thank you for your tutorial today. You are a volcano of creativity!
Have a good day
Hasta presto
Rita

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Ana....thanks for sharing that. Looks like a great idea for something to have when you are out shopping! You never know when you have to try and match something or just have a new idea for something else.~Patti

Jacque said...

Ana, I love the way your notebook turned out!Great job!! What a wonderful idea from Sandra and thank you for creating and sharing it with us..

Have a great day

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana, it turned out beautiful! I love how you put little pockets in it to carry special things... I am always writing down everything so I have measurements, etc when I am at estate sales or flea markets... you have inspired me to try one! Bisous... Julie Marie

Bellamere Cottage said...

Good Morning Ana!

Oh my....that is just DARLING....I always think I should save measurements and paint bits, but never have....This just might do it for me!

Blessings,
Spencer

Vicki said...

Hello, Ana,
I love the way your journal turned out!! I love the idea to have "pockets" for storing precious treasures or ideas. I am so wanting to try a journal. You have inspired me to maybe make one. Blessings and love to you. . .Vicki

Dawn said...

Very sweet! I'll checkout her blog.
Hugs,
Dawn

junkdreams said...

What a gorgeous little book....with great instructions!! Thanks for sharing this great idea.
Happy day.
xojanis

June said...

What a beautiful notebook. Ana I admire that you get in and actually get in and do these great projects and then show them to us. It makes me think I could really do it!
Hugs,
June

Altes Haus mit Seele said...

hi ana,
i have an award for you...please go to my blog, pick him up ;)
love,
barbara

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Hi Ana, I was so pleased to see that you had dropped by for a visit and left comment. I had been on your blog yesterday but was having troubles leaving comment, my computer acts up like that at times. :-) Your note book is lovely! I read the previous post on Romantic Homes also - a delightful magazine, and I have my copy right here with me. Even as far away as I am living over seas, I have some "connections" and was able to recieve a copy. Love the pictures of Gilding the Lily, and oh that lovely white furniture. I know many of the ladies here on blogger treasure lots and lots of white. I will be back often to see what else you have to share with us! By the way, your blog is just lovely, with its subdued pastel colors and pretty header!! warmly, Debby

Kate said...

Hi Ana,

Thank you for always stopping by and leaving such sweet notes! The projects you listed were amazing and adorable as are you!!

Have a blessed week!

Kate@ Salvage Dior

Mary said...

This is a great idea, Ana...I like the idea of keeping swatches, measurements, and design ideas together, so when shopping, you don't have to depend on memory or luck. I like the way you put yours together with pockets, and to add the blank pages for notes or other tidbits...your notebook will make shopping more fun and less stressful, too!

Blessings,
Mary

Susie said...

Hi Ana, thanks for stopping by. Your journal project is terrific. It's obvious you put a lot of thought and love into it! Beautiful blog...enjoyed...
Have a Fantastic Friday.
Susie

Stacey said...

Your sampler book turned out so cute. I am especially eyeballing the pocket page with the rose and doily. That is beautiful! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

PamperingBeki said...

How neat!

I think Sandra is just about the coolest chick out there.

stefanie said...

that turned out soooo good...i was looking at your pictures on the side, your house is soo gorgeous

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

What a lovely project, I think I am going to have to try this one. I think it would make a lovely gift for someone......