Sunday, December 20, 2009

2009 Most Treasured Ornament

Hi Everyone.

There are only 5 more days left until Christmas! I know that everyone is probably running around trying to take care of last minute details and preparations. That's why it brings great joy to my heart that you have taken a couple of minutes out of your busy schedule to visit with me for a while.

Today I wanted to share with everyone our 2009 Most Treasured Ornament. For those of you who are visiting for the first time...During the past few weeks I have been sharing with everyone a family tradition that my hubby and I started when we were first dating. Every year for Christmas, we make an ornament that commemorates or highlights special events or memories for that particular year...If you would like to see the other posts just click on the following: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5. And for those who have been with me through this journey since Part 1 and have left wonderful comments, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Now, allow me to share with you...
Our Most Treasured Ornament for 2009!

For this ornament I made a five-sided snowflake using my wonderful Cricut Machine and placed a picture in the center of each side. One side has our daughter's High School picture...HIGH SCHOOL!!!! Can you believe it? If you've been following this series, you know that our daughter was first accepted into this creative and performing arts program three years ago, but because of the nature of this program, entrance into High School requires an audition process, which is known to be very demanding and competitive. She auditioned for both the art and music programs, and after what seem to be an eternity, she received a letter saying she had been accepted. Yay! She did so well in both auditions that she had her choice of programs.

Since she already takes piano outside of school, she decided to accept entrance into the arts program. On this side of the snowflake I placed a tiny little art piece created by our very own talented artist.

This year has been a busy one for our 14 year old daughter. This is the year she got her very first paying job. Last year, her wonderful piano teachers, Tim and Sally offered her the opportunity to take a teaching training course. After completing the course she was hired by them to teach some of the younger students. We are so proud of her.

On this side I placed a reminder of the battle with breast cancer my youngest sister had this year, and that because of the graciousness of God, she has overcome. I am delighted to say that she is now cancer free. Definitely something to celebrate. Thank you Lord.

And on the final side, I placed a picture of us in front of a Coaster Train. It was our first trip ever on a train. Although this family outing only lasted one day, we can now officially say we've ridden a real train. Unfortunately, the monorail at Disney didn't count. :-)

On the back, outer side, I glued a ribbon with this year's date and the word "Hollywood" on it. This represents our very first trip as a family to Hollywood, California....The gold star represents all the stars we saw on the famous Hollywood sidewalks.

And last, but not least, is this little computer with my blog's button. A reminder that this was the year I started blogging. It will also represent all the wonderful people I have met and all the wonderful friendships I have made through this wonderful world of blogging.

And so there you have it, this year's Most Treasured Ornament. I just can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for us. You'll just have to wait until next year's Most Treasured Ornament to find out.

Thank you all for stopping by. I do hope you enjoyed your visit and that you come back real soon. Until next time, blessings to all.

Hugs and Kisses,

15 comments:

stefanie said...

another masterpiece!!! your daughter and you look like twins!! I really enjoyed ALL of your ornaments, thank you so much for sharing

Natasha said...

Ana, these decorations are so beautiful. What a lovely family you are and congratulations to your daughter for such a successful and busy year.

I have loved finding your blog and I look forward to many more visits in the future. In the meantime, I hope that you and your family have a truly Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2010.

Christmas cheers, Natasha.

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oh Ana, how precious! How did I know the other day there would be a little computer??? Your most treasured ornament this year represents so many wonderful things... I must say my favorite part is that your beautiful sister is now cancer free... blessings to you and your family my sweet friend... I am so happy we met through our blogs... you are the best! Love to you... Merry Christmas! xoxo Julie Marie

June said...

Oh Ana this one is just too awesome. I love all the work you put into saving the memories of 2009. What an eventful year for your family. I just adore the little computer tag in honor of your blog.
Thank you so much dear for the beautiful e-card you sent. You really are the most thoughtful girl I know. I want to wish you are your family the Merriest of Christmases.
I am thrilled about the fact that your sweet sis has won the battle!!!
Hugs

T's Daily Treasures said...

How wonderful! Congrats to your daughter on all her hard work and successes. So great that she can give piano lessons to younger students. Glad to hear that your sister is doing well now. Thanks for sharing all your lovely memories. Wishing you a wonderful day. Holiday blessings :) Tammy

Willow said...

I have enjoyed seeing your ornaments. They are truly special. I hope you and your family have a Happy Holiday.

Willow

Dawn said...

Oh Ana, what a wonderful way to commemorate a whole year's worth of memories into one ornament. Your daughter sounds like a wonderful, talented young lady.

Thank you for the beautiful e-card. It really made my morning, especially after a crazy, loud, chaotic family gathering yesterday with about 30 people. The sentiment and beautiful yet simple design was just what I needed!

Merry Christmas to the three of you!
Dawn

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
Hugs~Kelly

Sandra said...

Hi Ana. Omgosh, what a beautiful ornament you have made. It is full of so much love and wonderful memories, my friend. I love it.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Blessings,
Sandra

Janean said...

how do you fit all that talent into your two little hands??? thanks for sharing this post!

Marydon Ford said...

Ana, you continue to amaze me with the beauty that you create of memories to forever share.

Merry Christmas, sweet lady ~
TTFN ~Marydon

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Very creative! I love it. Such good memories... You have a beautiful, talented daughter... Best of luck to her...

Merry Christmas,
Kitty

teddy bears Marin to Venice said...

Hooo Ana...

your ornaments are Fantastic!!!!

I appreciate a lot your job, good.
You kiss Rosarita

Gina said...

That is so beautiful...the memories it contains are so heartwarming.
Congratulations to your very talented daughter!

Kate said...

Ana

Hi these are so beautiful wow what a treasure to have from your daughter. She got mom's talented genes. Here is my email
kkeesee@adelphia.net

love ya
Kate