Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dreaming Of A White Christmas.

I guess by now you all know that

I CHRISTMAS!

I love absolutely everything about it!

I love that this is the day we celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ's birth and I love everything else that comes along with it...
The colors, lights, smells, tastes, joys, and spirit of Christmas.

But every year there is a little something missing for me...

SNOW!

Every year I dream of a White Christmas.

I'm not too sure why, since I've lived in "Sunny California" all my life and it has never snowed here... well, where I live anyway. All I really know is a snow-free Christmas. However, I have never seen Christmas as anything other than white, snow filled and wintery.

I think this is the reason why I love snowmen so much. To me they represent that White Christmas that I yearn for so much, and I think that is why I love to collect them too.

Today I would love to show you my little collection of snowmen and women.

I hope you enjoy.

This is most of the gang all together.

And this is the snowman that started it all. A gift from a very sweet friend.

The following are closeup pictures of the snowmen and women.


This little cutie is posable. Found him at Michael's a couple years ago.




These two can be found next to the our Christmas tree.

I especially love it when I can find a family of three...like us.♥

My favorite family....The Snows

They can also be found in our Christmas tree.


And lastly, a hand-crafted snowman made by me. Isn't he too cute?

Well that's it, that's all of them...I don't think I missed anyone. :-)

I do hope you enjoyed your visit today and that you will come back and visit again soon.

Just a few reminders:

Friday I will be posting Part 3 of Our Most Treasured Ornaments...come back and check out the next set of ornaments and....

Please don't forget to vote for your favorite "Decorated Door" over at LeAnn's, My Vintage Modern Farmhouse. Click here to take you there.

Thank you all for coming.

Blessings.

Hugs and Kisses,

25 comments:

sunshine said...

Holy Smokes! You've got a serious Snowman collection going on!!!
I love it. I love Snowmen too. I have a few but not anything like what you have. They are wonderful.
I've got TONS of the real stuff outside my door now so if you want some for your Christmas come on up and get some.

I have to go shovel my driveway now... uggh.

((Hugs))
Laura

Deb said...

your snow people are adorable...that's the kind of snow I like...not real....

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Hi Ana,
Tell you what! You can come here for Christmas and I'll go there! Can I bring my whole family? Christmas just isn't Christmas without one's family!! Seriously, you have some very cute snowmen!! They are all so adorable! This evening I expect children all over our neighborhood will be out making them because we're getting more white stuff dumped on us this evening,. Actually, it's been snow flurries all day; you would love it! Thank you for a sweet post and have a wonderful day.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Ana, I love your little snowmen and women... my very favorite is the one you made! We are blanketed in snow, I would love to send some to you! It really is beautiful, lots of blog photo ops for me today! Love to you... Bisous... Julie Marie

Altes Haus mit Seele said...

hi ana,
I am so excited about your Christmas decoration. You have a beautiful house with so much love!
Love,
barbara

CC said...

Oh My!!!! These have to be the cutest snow persons I've ever seen. Each is more adorable than the last. I would love to have your collection..:), as I'm sure we all would.

Tattered Goods said...

Oh how I love me some Snowmen... I have a bit of a collection going. I said to myself that when I had children I did not want to focus on Santa... so I opted for winter Snowmen :) After all the reason for the season is CHRIST and his entry to the world :)

Sheila

Faded Charm said...

Wow! What a collection of snowmen. I hope you are taking time to enjoy this holiday season. I'm thinking sunny California sounds nice right now.

Take care,

Kathleen

Gina said...

Your snowmen are adorable! I collect them too. If I could, I would send you some of our snow. We got hit with snow overnight & all morning too...we even got a snowday out of it.

Stacey said...

Your snowmen are all precious! Having several like you do really adds to the cuteness. :)

June said...

Oh Ana, you have enough of these little darling to form an avalanche!!! These have put the biggest smile on my face today. I LOVE this collection!
Your holiday home is so lovely.
Hugs~

Sares said...

What wonderful snowman! You certainly have an amazing collection. It was lots of fun seeing them all, thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Ana.....Your snowman collection is just too cute! A few of them I really love! I can see why you like snowman if you have never experienced snow on Christmas. Sometimes it does not snow on Christmas and that makes me sad but then that is what I am used to growing up. All your decorations are just lovely!~Hugs, Patti

Sarah said...

What precious little snow people. I'm taking a short break from decorating this evening. I've just put out my snow people in my dining room. I hope to share them next week. Ana, I so enjoy seeing your wonderful things. ~ Sarah

Kate said...

Ana
I love all of your snowmen how simply adorable!!! Love the post and how charming it all looks. Many blessings to you as the holiday is upon us.

Hugs
Kate

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Ana, your snow people are adorable! And the Snow family so fancy and sweet. I have never seen so many different styles and varieties in one place. Your little painted ornament is soooo cute! Love them all. They certainly brought a smile to my face. Blessings to you! Tammy (ps, love your wooden floors, too). :)

Angela said...

Oh how I loved each and every snowman you showed. I gasped when I saw the pics. I've started to collect snowmen too. They are just adorable. Your home is just so precious.

Dawn said...

Good Morning Ana. On my way to the computer I thought, I haven't been by Ana's lately, then the first thing I saw was your comment in my inbox!

I know just how you feel about a snowless Chritmas! I love your snowman collection, or I should say snowperson collecion. The ladies all dressed up are my favorites ~ so girly, but the posable one is pretty fun too! I love how you have them displayed wtih the Noel letters.

I also checked out what I've missed and your favorite ornaments are so wonderful!
Hugs,
Dawn

GWENDOLYN said...

Ana,
They are all so very charming. Big and small , hims and hers. Lovely! Blessings!
Gwen

Sea Witch said...

Hail, Hail, the gangs all here! I love your sassy snowmen and women. They are charming and sweet and will assure you a white Christmas. Blessings to you. Sea Witch

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Ana, I just had to come back for another look at your darling snow men and ladies and also say thanks for the beautiful card... you are truly one of the sweetest, caring, and most beautiful ladies I know... love to you... Bisous... Julie Marie

essemia said...

You're snowmen are so sweet. Just love the one that's going to the North Pole, lol.
Hope you have a nice day.
Love Elzie

Vicki said...

Hello, Ana,
Your snowmen and snowwomen collection is wonderful!! I, too, love to decorate with snow people. We rarely have a white Christmas here in Central Texas. Thank you, dear friend, for sharing your amazing collection! Vicki

CIELO said...

Pretty pretty!

cielo

The Garden Bell said...

Wow. Someone loves snowmen. Too cute. Hope you don't mind if I follow along on your journey in life. Great Blog. Stop by my garden.