Monday, December 7, 2009

Most Treasured Ornaments (Part 2)

Happy Monday Everyone.


It's raining today....Yay!
Second best thing to snowing...well, for me anyway!


And on this beautiful rainy day I wanted to share with you our next 4 ornaments. I do hope you're enjoying them as much as I am, sharing them with you.


1994
Almost to the day of our 1st Wedding Anniversary we discovered we were having a baby!...Another "most happiest day of my life."♥♥♥

We had a big scare before we began trying to get pregnant....We were so afraid we wouldn't be able to have a baby but....She is our little miracle baby!

Here is a close up of the picture on the other side of the one with my hubby and me (big as can be.) It's our daughter's sonogram picture....Can you see her little face?


1995

January 18, 1995 our beautiful baby girl is born. We are as happy and can be.

(other side)

About a month after she was born, we christened her and had a little get together to celebrate. This was the little party favor I made for our guests. It says: "Keepsake of my Baptism" in Spanish.


1996

This was our daughter's very first trip to the "Happiest Place on Earth"...Disneyland. She loved "It's a Small World" ride the best.

I punched out circle and star shaped confetti and placed it in the sphere so when shaken it would float around.

(other side)

This is a "Disney Dollar" we saved from her first trip. For those of you who don't know what that is...it's a form of corporate scrip or token sold by Walt Disney and accepted at the company's theme parks. It's sold for the face value of the bill and it's mostly for collecting, but may be use to buy stuff in the parks.


1997

And for the last ornament for today.... It's the ornament that commemorated our daughter's first big, themed, birthday bash. For her first birthday we thought she was too young to really know what was happening, so we kept it small and simple. But when she turned 2 we went all out. The theme was "The Hunchback of Notre Dame." This was her first favorite movie.

I don't know if you can tell...but Daddy dressed up as a jester to go along with the theme.

(the other side)


This was the party favor that I made for our guests. They were buttons of the different characters from the movie...our daughter's favorite was Esmeralda.



So there you have it, 4 more of our Most Treasured Ornaments. I am so happy you stopped by today. Remember there are a few more to come. Please come back and check them out.



Have a wonderful Monday and an awesome new week.

Blessings to all!



Hugs and Kisses,

25 comments:

sunshine said...

These are so precious Ana! I'm loving this!
What a beautiful family you have.
These are lovely keepsakes!

((Hugs))
Laura

stefanie said...

those are the best ornaments...i really love looking at them, they all have such special meanings, your daughter probably treasures them

Jacque said...

Ana, I am so loving all the great ornaments!! You have such a treasured collection. I wish I would have done that all these years!! Thank you so much for sharing all those memories with us. I look forward to seeing more.

Have a great week...

Vicki said...

Hello, Ana,
I went back and read your first post about your cherished ornaments and now today I am reading about the next ones. I think this is such a wonderful idea. You have cherished heirlooms that your family will enjoy for generations to come! I love the idea of commemorating a special event from each year. I look forward to seeing your next set!! Many blessings and much love to you!! Vicki

BellaRosa said...

Ana, how beautifully you have preserved and decorated your cherished memories. I absolutely loved them...the ones with you pregnant.. me hiceron llorar, I wish I had pictures with me prengnant with my girls...but alas, I was soo gordita....you couldn't even tell :) And you know what made me smile in the end? Your beautiful lil girl and I share the same day for our birthdays... I think that is just wonderful :) Thank you for visiting me when I was sick...Your comment made me smile :)I hope it doesn't make it to your casa :) even though it lasted just a couplpe of days, they were bad :) Ana, do I remember you saying that you live in So Cal too? I hope that is so :) Besos, Rose

Alicia said...

I love the way you personalize ornaments! You're going to go crazy once your little one starts school & brings you her little schoolmade ornaments. I still hang them from my tree.

Cindy said...

Your ornaments are all so cute!! I love them! What sweet memories to bring out every Christmas. Hugs, Cindy S.

Gina said...

I wish I had done this all those years ago. What treasures these must be for you & your family.

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello sweet friend, your most treasured ornaments are so precious... what a beautiful tradition you have started and continued... I am so excited to see your next post... you are so beautiful! Love to you... Bisous... Julie Marie

maria elena said...

ANA TE FELICITO POR TU HERMOSA FAMILIA Y BELLISIMOS LOS ADORNOS DE NAVIDAD Y MI HIJA MENOR TAMBIEN NACIO EN 1995 !! UN BESO GRANDE

junkdreams said...

Wow...love your ornaments that chronicle your life!! I have a 1995 boy!
Blessings to you Ana.
xojanis

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Ana.....What sweet ornaments! It is no wonder they are special to you! Thanks for sharing!~Hugs, Patti

Sarah said...

Ana, thank you for sharing these precious ornaments. What a thoughtful thing to do for your tree each year. Great idea! Your precious daughter was born on my birthday! ~ Sarah

Sandra said...

Hi Ana. What precious ornaments. I love every single one of them. What a great idea, Ana. Thank you for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Sandra

GWENDOLYN said...

Awe, these are so sweet Ana! I can imagine all the love in your home. Blessings!
Gwen

T's Daily Treasures said...

I think it is just wonderful that you had the foresight and the desire to commemorate each year to make them all special and memorable! Blessings to you and yours, :) Tammy

Willow said...

Those are so wonderful. It makes me wish we could start all over and make memories like that. Your daughter is going to be so lucky to have those one day.

Willow

Denise Auras said...

Ana, que linda história, sua filha é uma linda princesa! Beijos.

Lissa said...

great ornaments holding wonderful memories!

Claudia said...

Ana, your ornaments are wonderful. They really highlight all the treasured moments of your life.

xo
Claudia

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Ana, I love all your ornaments. What a wonderful way to display your memories each year. Far better than having them in a box and not seen... love this idea. hugs ~lynne~

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Ana, your pictures are precious. Oh, they make my heart smile!! Thank you for sharing with us.

Hugs, Barb ♥

maría cecilia said...

Hello Ana, sorry not to come before to see your wonderful posts... it´s a very special thing what you started to do in those ornaments, all your family history spread in your christmas tree, so much family love and dedication to the very important issues in your life. Your daughter is a delicious girl.
Muchos cariños y felicidades para ti y tu linda familia
Maria Cecilia

elmundodetrapito said...

HOLA AMIGA QUE BELLOS RECUERDO YQUE ORIGINAL PARA EL ARBOL QUEDARA BELLO CARIÑO ANA

June said...

Hi Ana,
I am so glad that you would share these darling ornaments for all of us to enjoy. Boy, I wish I would have thought to do this when mine were small. Last year I did start making ornaments for each of the children with their photos tucked inside. I hope to finish them this year and give them to each one.
Hugs~