Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Most Treasured Ornaments (Part 4)


Before I begin, I wanted to take a brief moment to thank you all for your very sweet, kind and caring comments left on my previous Most Treasured Ornaments posts. These ornaments mean the world to my family and me and they bring so much joy to us...My sole intentions for sharing them was to share a bit of that joy with you all.

Thank you.

And now on to the next 4 ornaments.


~~~~~*~~~~~

2002


This was our daughter's first year in a private school. Wow! Do you know how expensive that was? Needless to say she was only there for two years.

And on the other side I displayed hubby's and my very first voting ballot stubs and "I Voted" stickers. It was the very first election we participated in right after becoming U.S. Citizens.

~~~~~*~~~~~

2003

May 22, 2003

Hubby and I celebrated our 10th year anniversary.

The traditional gift for a 10th year anniversary is tin, and to represent this, I placed this little mint tin cover in the ornament.

Here's a closer look.

On the other side we commemorated our daughter's First Communion.

Upon closer inspection you'll see a picture of my beautiful daughter in the background, a medal and a little prayer. It might be a little difficult to read, so here is what it says:


Dear Jesus,

May this medal be a remainder of your love for me. Welcome to my heart and thank you for your many blessings. Let me stay close to you always. Help me to serve you by loving others as you love me. This is my pledge to you on this very special day.


Briana


~~~~~*~~~~~

2004

For this year I made a multi-faceted paper ornament out of pictures, ticket stubs and print outs of a few events that happened that year. It might be a little difficult to see what it looks like, so I'll show you a picture (below) to give you an idea. Remember these? I remember making them in elementary school.


(picture courtesy of twopeasinabucket. com)



This was the year my daughter had her very first Piano Recital. It was also the year the much anticipated movie "A Series of Unfortunate Events" released. My daughter love, love, love the books so watching the movie was a big deal for her.


~~~~~*~~~~~


2005

And for our last ornament for today we have our super, fun trip to The Grand Canyon which we took during Easter Break that year.

It was our very first time there!

Up to that day, my family and I had never ever seen it snow. This was such a unexpected and wonderful surprise for us. This made me want a White Christmas even more. We had so much fun.

See us all in the snow? That extra little person in the middle is my daughter's best friend since kinder. He is just like family to us so we let him tag along. We love you and miss you Miguel.

And this little key that hangs on the ornament represents the beginning of some major home improvements we started that year.

Well there you have it, 4 more of our Most Treasured Ornaments. I will be doing two more posting to finish up. This coming Friday will be the last three ornaments I've made up to 2008 and the week of Christmas I will be sharing our Christmas ornament for this year...which I'm still working on. Can't wait to show you all. Keep checking back.



Thank you all for stopping by today. Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Blessings.





Hugs and Kisses,

13 comments:

Natasha said...

These ornaments are so lovely! I love the picture of you all in the snow but I think they are all so special and unique in many ways.

I have loved learning about your little family when looking at these decorations-thank you for sharing your story.

Best wishes, Natasha.

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana, I so look forward to seeing all of your most treasured ornaments each time! It's hard for me to pick a favorite, they are all so precious! I am amazed at how you have created these family heirlooms and such special meaning they each have... I think I would say my favorite on this one though must be the one of the Grand Canyon... I LOVE seeing how excited you are for your first snow! Can't wait to see your favorite one you are making for this year as well... Love to you... Bisous... Julie Marie

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Ana....I love how you have commemerated events in your life or even highlights of a past year...How special that will be years down the road when you bring your ornaments out and can remininence on your family's life's events!~Hugs,Patti

Elyse said...

oh ana, these are stunning! gosh, this could be a magazine article. equally lovely and sentimental.

xo
elyse

Atelier de Charo said...

Estos adornos están tan llenos de recuerdos y bellos momentos, muy lindos.
Muchas gracias por tu saludo y tus bellas palabras. y así por acá también se cantan las mañanitas.

BellaRosa said...

Ana, I so love how you display things that remind you of the special moments in your lives...you are very creative and make your ornaments just beautiful, I can't even pick a favorite because they each represent such wonderful moments! Looking forward to the rest of the beauties you will share! I hope you are staying warm :)Besos, Rose

p.s. I never learned how to make those pretty balls :(

Deb said...

wow what special ornaments you have...thank you for sharing them with us!

The Garden Bell said...

What a great idea. Love how special each one is.

sunshine said...

I think my favourite this time is the First Communion one.
My daughter Gabriella is doing her first Communion this year and it is a special time for her.

They are all lovely! you're so creative Ana!

((Hugs))
Laura

June said...

Dearest Ana,
I have absolutely enjoyed every ornament you have shown here on you blog. Getting to know you so much better through your telling about them each. What a treat. I love the one today that shows your first voting stickers. Do you know how many people have been citizens their whole lives and have never voted? Too many. This was very touching to know that you appreciate the priviledge.
hugs
Thank you so much for the sweetest message on my blog about the whole hair ordeal. Yes, you certainly must know how difficult it is to grow it to that desired length.

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

You are so creative, I love how you have captured all of your memories!!
Hugs~Kelly

elmundodetrapito said...

HOLA AMIGA PRECIOSO TODO LAS ESFERAS LAS PREPARASTE VOS ESTAN RE ORIGINALES NUNCA LA VI TE DEJO MUCHO CARIÑO MONICA

maría cecilia said...

Dear Ana, I would like to be like you and keep so many little but so important details and moments of life to treasure them as you do... is it too late to start???
Wishing you a very, very happy christmas with the ones you love and love you.
Hugs por miles
María Cecilia