Friday, December 18, 2009

Most Treasured Ornaments (Part 5)

OK everyone, this is the last set. These are the last 3 ornaments. But remember there is still one more...this year's. I'll be sharing 2009's ornament sometime next week. Please enjoy.

~~~~~*~~~~~

2006

This was our daughter's first trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain....and I can assure you my very last one. I'm getting too old for those roller coaster rides....Yikes! Nonetheless we had an awesome time.

Here's a closer look.

And on the back you'll find a souvenir button from the theme park.

~~~~~*~~~~~
2007
And on this year we took our very first trip to San Francisco as a family. We bought there the ornament that's inside. I added our family picture and placed it in this heart-shaped ornament.

Here's a closer look.

For the back I made three little round ornaments, each with yet another memory for that year. The first one (the one on your left) has a picture of my daughter's favorite band. I included them because it was the first big girl concert she went to...with Daddy of course. Second one (the one in the middle) is a picture of my daughter with her braces, which she first got on this particular year. And the last one has my daughter's school logo on it. We had been trying to get her into this art school for a while and when she got in, it was a happy day worthy of commemorating.

~~~~~*~~~~~

2008

And last, but certainly not least was our 2008 Family Road Trip. We drove from California all the way to South Dakota to visit Mount Rushmore for the very first time...making a few pit stops along the way.....Funnest family trip ever!!!

Inside I put a little ring box that I turned into a suitcase...see the little handle on the top of the lid? And in that tiny suitcase I put a bunch of souvenir pins, magnets and a few other pieces from our road trip.

Oh! And I can't forget this....Another tiny, little bottle holding some of our daughter's brace brackets. She had the braces for only one year. Pretty fast huh? She has always had a beautiful smile to me, but now I get to see it more often because she feels a bit more confident.

And this is the back of the ornament. Behind the tiny suitcase is a magnet from Hoover Dam, another one of our pit stops.

Well there you have it, all but this year's ornament since Hubby and I started our life together. Each capturing a special moment, memory or story. These are our Most Treasured Ornaments. Hope you enjoyed looking through these little treasures of ours. Don't forget to come back and check 2009's. Hope to see you all real soon. Until next time. Blessings.



Hugs and Kisses,

17 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oh Ana, I have never seen anything so clever, cute and fun! I love ALL your most treasured ornaments and the memories that go with them! I wish I had done that... (don't want to make 32 of them right now though!)... maybe I will start with a new one this year! I can't wait to see yours for this year... is there a little computer inside for blogging? I'm excited to see! Love to you... xoxo Julie Marie

Chrissy said...

What neat ornaments they are,very nice keepsakes indeed! All the best,Chrissy

stefanie said...

I just can't get over how clever you are, the memories you will always have!!! I truly enjoy looking at all your gorgeous ornaments!

T's Daily Treasures said...

You really are so crafty and clever. I would never think to do all the things that you've done with each of these special ornaments. Yusef got braces last February and he may be able to get them off in a couple of months. Very fast indeed! Who would think to save the brackets from the braces? Only Ana! HA! Can't wait to see what is in store for this year's ornament. Have a great weekend! Tammy

Zuzu said...

Oh, Ana, these are wonderful. Such a joy to unwrap each one at Christmastime and re-tell each story! :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Zuzu

The Garden Bell said...

WOW...your tree must be huge to hold all these ornaments we have seen. Hope this year's is just as special as all the past. Can't wait to see.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Ana,
A truly wonderful way to capture your most treasured memories! They are beautiful.. Thank you for sharing with us! Blessings... Penny

Kate said...

Ana
Not only are you the sweetest but the Talent is amazing!!! Really knocked my socks off. I love to read your posts and just take all of the beauty in. Have a blessed weekend with your beautiful family.

Hugs
Kate

maria elena said...

que bellos adornos de navidad y personalizados !!como todo lo que realizas muy bello un beso grande

June said...

Ana these are just too cute. You are so clever! I would never have thought of the sweet things you have done to keep these memories close.
hugs

Sarah said...

Ana, I love seeing all the ornaments you've created for your tree. Each is so personal. How clever you are! You are creating priceless treasures for your daughter. ~ Sarah

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

What wonderful ornies with lovely memories attached! Thanks for sharing, Ana. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

sunshine said...

Thanks so much for sharing all of these with us Ana!
I have TRULY enjoyed admiring them. You've done a wonderful job and they will tell your story for generations to come. :)
I think my favourite out of this group is the one of the road trip. The little ring box suitcase is too cute!

((hugs))
Laura

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

What a wonderful tradition and a great way to keep memories alive. May you have many more ornaments on your tree, have a Merry Christmas, Maureen....

Vicki said...

Hello sweet friend,
These are a true history of your sweet family!! I am with you. I loved the roller coasters when I was young but no more!! I have always dreamed of visiting San Francisco. I want to see those Victorian houses there. I think they are called "The Painted Ladies". Ana, you are doing so much for your daughter by taking her different places on trips. This will add to her education and help her in her studies. Well, I have rattled on enough. Have a blessed Christmas Season! Vicki

Willow said...

They are all beautiful, but I love the one with your daughters braces.

Willow

GWENDOLYN said...

I have so enjoyed all your ornaments. Love the beads and all you added that make them so yours. Blessings!
Gwen