Monday, February 15, 2010

What A Lovely Surprise!


Hi everyone. I hope you all had a fantabulous Valentine's Day. Sadly my hubby, our daughter and I were all struck with a nasty cold, putting a little damper on things. :-( However, before this cold had a chance to knock us down completely, my hubby managed to do something utterly sweet and I just couldn't wait to share it with all of you.

On Saturday he drove me to a little antique district in the heart of Ocean Beach where one can find cute little shops and antique stores. It was meant to be a surprise, but as soon as I knew where he was taking me, I realized what he was up to. You see, a couple of weeks ago while blog surfing, I came across the blog Cordelia's Cottage. Not only did I meet Ms. Cordelia through her blog, but I also found out that she owned a cute little shop in this same district...Cottage Antiques. (If you would like to visit her blog or site, just click on the blog name or site name.) I was thrilled to finally meet Ms. Cordelia in person, but there was more.....

Well, on this particular Saturday Ms. Cordelia was having a "Valentine's Trunk Show" where several artist would be presenting their beautiful and creative creations. Amongst them....are you ready for this?... was the one and only Ms. Christie Repasy. (Click here to visit her beautiful site) She is someone I have admired for a long time and who I think is a very talented artist...

On this day I found out that not only is she very talented, but she is also very sweet and down to earth. Christie, if you read this, it was an honor and pleasure to meet you. Blessings to you always.

I was also fortunate enough to meet two other artists that day, Ms. Lisa of Vintage Bling and Ms. Rita of Mammabellarte who are also extraordinarily talented and very sweet. (Just click on their blog names to visit these lovely ladies.) If Lisa or Rita read this... it was an absolute pleasure meeting you both.


Oh but wait, there is still more. As if the surprise wasn't enough, my hubby bought me this...


Now, not only does her wonderful artwork hang on my walls, it can also hang around my neck...Isn't he just the sweetest hubby? Anyway, I couldn't wait to share this with you, but I think it's time for me to get back into bed...Hopefully this nasty cold will not last too much longer.

Wishing everyone a wonderful and healthy new week.

Blessings.

Hugs and Kisses,

29 comments:

Rita said...

It was my pleasure to meet you Ana and your husband was the real sweet heart! The way he looks at you. I don't see it often. Hope to see you again soon. Ciao Rita mammabellarte

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Ana
I am so sorry your all sick...Get well soon honey.
Your hubby is a sweetie...this necklace is beautiful and so are you. I love this picture of you.
Thanks for sharing these shops I will have to go have a look.
Feel better soon
Maggie

Lisa Loria said...

It was wonderful to meet you Both you and your Hubby, Ana. I agree with Rita, you can tell that you have a wonderful marriage. What a blessing!
Hope to see you again, perhaps at Christie's Chateau de Fleurs or some other venue! Hope you and
your family are feeling better! Hugs, Lisa

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana, so sorry you and your family were sick for Valentines day, I do hope you are all feeling some better now... what a wonderful day you had shopping though! And what a treat to meet Christie Repasy... I sooo treasure my painting of hers I won in your giveaway! Your pendant from your husband is just gorgeous!!! Sending get well wishes and much love your way... xoxo Julie Marie PS You look beautiful in the photo!!!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

And yes, it was a treat I am sure to meet Lisa and Rita too... I have "met" them in their blogs only, they sound lovely too! xoxo Julie Marie

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

That sounds like the best Valentine's day ever....antiquing and meeting great Artists as well.

Your necklace is lovely and your hubby is sooo sweet :)

maria elena said...

Me alegra muchisimo el día que pasaste de compras y estoy segura que ese collar lucirá espectacular en tu cuello...y bravo..!!por tu esposo hasta pronto amiga besitos

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Oh dear, it's so miserable having a cold. I have only had two in the past eight years and I am grateful. I don't think I could have stood it. When I get them they are horrible!

That necklace is gorgeous! So old fashioned and delicate. I will certainly stop by and visit your friend!
Hugs,
Mona

Sarah said...

Ana, how special. You deserve this beautiful piece and the fun day of surprises. Hope you feel better soon. I'm fighting a nasty head cold myself. No fun!

Cindy said...

I am so excited for you!!! It is so fun to meet people that you have met on the internet. What a sweet guy you have. You are blessed. I spent Saturday in bed with this awful cold and flu and I've been here most of today, too. It's time for us all to get better...so here's to your health!!!
Luv ya, Cindy S.

stefanie said...

so much fun!!! what a guy, know exactly what you like...he deserves BIG hugs!!!

T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! What a sweet and thoughtful hubby to think of all that; to take you someplace that would really make your heart sing! What fun! Your necklace is beautiful. So nice to be able to meet up with blogging buddies that you only ever thought would be in your virtual life. Hope you are feeling much better by now. Love your short do! Blessings, Tammy

Stacey said...

So sorry to hear your family was ill. I hope you all are feeling better. What an incredibly awesome surprise and adventure you got to go on. I can tell in the background of the picture what lovely things you got to see. XOXO!

sweetjeanette said...

What a guy! Sounds like a great time! I told my hubby for Valentine's Day this year, I wanted something that cost nothing but a lot of thought had to go into it. He was worried! LOL He asked "If I throw money at it, can I not think" ? LOL In his defense, he had already bought my gift (more gigs of storage! LOL)
I have a cold too!!!! ROFL!

Click here to see my new give-away!

l'angolo dellemargherite said...

che bellissima collana che hai avuto per regalo veramente bella complimenti un bacione Anna

Claudia said...

I know Cordelia and Christie - they are both wonderful ladies. I look forward to spending time with them when I go out to SD to work in April - June. Glad you had a great time!

xo
Claudia

Claudia said...

Oh my gosh, I forgot to mention that I know Rita, too! They are all the sweetest!

xo
Claudia

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Ana.....Sorry you had to catch a nasty cold! But what a wonderful surprise from your husband! Beautiful photo of you too!~Patti

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Ana, your necklace is so lovely. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy Valentines. What an adorable husband you have!

You are special!

Hugs, Barb ♥

GWENDOLYN said...

How wonderful you got to visit a store you have wanted to and meet someone you admire. God was blessing you that day!!
Gwen:)

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Oh Ana,
I'm sorry to hear you have a cold. That photo of you and Christie is darling! Christie is in our magazine this issue and she has some very pretty items featured. Love your gift from your husband, it's beautiful. Feel better!
xo~Tracie

Gina said...

What a darling hubby you have...the necklace is beautiful! Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Elizabeth said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog,so glad I did.
I love it. Hope you visit me at"simple pleasures" Elizabeth

My Vintage Modern Farmhouse said...

I'm so happy you found me again. It's hard starting over but oh well you gotta do what you gotta do!!

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Faded Charm said...

What a thoughtful gift from your hubby. Perfect for displaying all your goodies.

Enjoy your day!

Kathleen

Cousin B said...

What a sweet hubby you have! And that necklace is beautiful...

June said...

Hi sweet Ana,
I love Rita, she is a dear friend and I have always adored Christie's beautiful art. I remember seeing her on HGTV once where they featured her and her home and I have been her biggest fan ever since! Guess what! I have a charm almost identical to the one your sweet hubs gave you. I ordered it from Rita a couple of weeks ago. It's Christie's art, but Rita solders them.
I love that darling picture of you and Christie! You are such a beautiful girl.
hugs

Vicki said...

Hello, dear Ana,
Your husband is so sweet to take you shopping! How wonderful that you also got to meet some great artisans! I, too, love Christie Repasy and her work, and your necklace is beautiful. I hope you and your family get to feeling better very soon! Sending get well wishes and prayers your way! Vicki

Sandra said...

Hi Ana! Wow what a great time you guys had! I think meeting some fellow bloggers is a wonderful opportunity! What fun! The necklace is beeeeuuuutttiiifffuul! Lovely!
Blessings,
Sandra