Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Long, Long Time Ago...


Well, maybe not that long ago... More like a month ago...

There was a young and handsome Jedi...(My BIL Julio)

Who needed a Jedi cloak for a "J" party... (A costume party of sorts where everyone dresses up as a character whose name begins with the letter "J"... By the way, the party can be any letter you choose.

He knew of a wise and crafty seamstress (that would be me, LOL)... who would be willing and able to handle his request.

( Finished cloak... And I'm still waiting for pictures of my BIL wearing the cloak and rest of his costume ...Julio, I'm waiting.)

So what did this wise and crafty seamstress get in return? Not that she asked for anything or was expecting anything. She is always happy to help ;-)

She got this beautiful piece....Can you believe it?

This piece was given to my BIL by one of his girlfriend's neighbors...He knew how much I had liked it when I first saw it in his garage... plus I made sure to tell him that I didn't think it was his style...wink, wink, wink :-) Well, since I wouldn't take his money for the cloak, we traded...his piece for my sewing skills...I just couldn't say no to that.

You're a sweetie Julio...Thank you...I love it and I love you!

Now to work some magic on it...I think I might paint it and antique it a bit...



Thank you all for stopping by today.

Hope you are having a wonderful week.

Blessings.



Hugs and Kisses,

14 comments:

just call me jo said...

Dang, does Julio need another cape? I could whip something up for that beautiful piece of furniture.

Julie Marie said...

Oh Ana, what a beautiful piece of furniture... and I can't wait to see Julio in his cloak... you are a talented lady!!! xoxo Julie Marie

Deb said...

now that was a nice exchange...

Cottage Rose said...

Wow now that was a great exchange I must say.... I can't wait to see what you do with it....you did a great job on his costume,, hope you get a photo of him in it to share..... have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Great dresser! I think you made out on that trade!

Irma said...

Hello Ms Ana! I see you got our favorite kind of furniture...FREEEEEEEE! Well I guess it wasn't really free, since you did provide your awesome sewing skills to your BIL. I can't wait to see it finished and see where you're going to put it. In case you can't find a place for it, I will be more than happy to "store" it for you here LOL!

Muchos Besos!

Gina said...

That is wonderful! What a beautiful piece of furniture and what a sweet brother-in-law. You are very lucky to be able to sew so well. (I'm jealous)

Mary Tere de Ramírez said...

Hello Ana:

I'm very happy for you and your new beatiful furniture. I hope watch a picture of your BIL in his new costume.

I want to say you "Welcome" to my blog. It was a pleasure saw you in my follower. Thank you for visit me.

Besitos.

Mary Tere

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my.....you lucky girlie! Don'tcha just love a little surprise like that for a kindness? It is BEE.U.TI.FUL and I can't wait to see it all finished!

Huggies,
Spencer

T's Daily Treasures said...

You lucky girl! What a wonderful piece to work with. I know you will give it a perfect little makeover. Happy belated anniverary to you and hubby. You two look better than ever! Best wishes, Tammy

Cindy said...

Ana,
What a great cloak you made for your bil, and what an amazing trade you made! I love that piece that he gave you, I look forward to seeing what you do with it and to it.
Hugs, Cindy S

Jacque said...

Good Morning Ana,

I am in love with your need blog background and header! How darling!

You did make out like a bandit on that sewing project. Great trade--how sweet of him to give that to you BUT, I know you did a fabulous job on that Jedi cloak! You are a woman of many talents and a great blog friend!

I hope you and yours have a great Memorial Day weekend! Talk to you later...

GWENDOLYN said...

What a gorgeous dresser. Isn't it great how God blessed you for helping him with his cloak?
Blessings
Gwen

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Ana,

How wonderful that you both helped out each other, love the buffet and Julio would have been happy wearing the cloak.
Fun exchange.

Hugs
Carolyn