Monday, June 28, 2010

Thirft Store Find Makeover


Hello and Welcome Everyone!

Today I wanted to share with you a petite makeover I just finished putting together.

I'd been searching high and low for a small lamp that I could use on my kitchen counter... Finally, after a very long search I found this little cutie at my favorite thrift shop, and it was only $2.98!.. It did need some work, but....

Nothing a bit of white spray paint and a little bling, bling couldn't beautify! :-)

Oh, and I also replaced the black cord with the white and added the white candle tube that was missing. Believe it or not these were all parts I already had from some old, broken lamps...I save everything.

And here it is, all dressed up with it's pretty little lamp shade...which by the way I already had too.

And here's a closer look at the bling, bling...I already had this beautiful bobeshe also...A garage sale find a while back...Can you believe I bought 3 or 4 of these for only a $1 each?

I'm not sure if I should distressed it a bit...Maybe sand off some areas or even make it a little more vintagey by adding some brown glaze. Hmmmm...What do you think?




Hugs and Kisses,

16 comments:

Willow said...

It looks so beautiful and I also like the ideas you mention too. You are so clever.

Willow

Sea Witch said...

I knew when I read your post title this was going to be a winner. I love these kinds of little makeovers, especially when they are on the cheap. Your pretty little study lamp looks smashing and all due to a little can of spray paint and your repurposing old parts. This is the essence of the american woman. Blessings to you on this lovely day. Sea Witch

rustandruffles said...

Hi Ana,
What a beautiful transformation....this lamp really was a diamond in the rough and you did just the right work to bring out its brillance. I think it is perfect just the way it is.
Happy day!
xojanis

Kate said...

Ana
what a lovely job you did on the lamp. Its perfect and looks great on your counter top. looking forward to seeing you next month at Urban Barn. God bless you sweet friend

love you
Kate

Cindy said...

Hello my sweet friend, I hope this finds you well. Your little lamp is Gorgeous! I love it! You might distress it a bit, but it is so lovely otherwise. I love the bling!
Hugs, Cindy S

Atelier de Charo said...

Ha quedado preciosa, una delicada transformación!

Cariños
Charo

Gina said...

I think this lamp is absolutely adorable! You've certainly turned something that was just ok into something fabulous. Great job Ana!

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Ana, I think it is just perfect the way it is! What a beautiful job you did on it! And how fun that you already had most everything you needed... a good reason to save things! It looks so cute with your little white canisters and cappuccino sign... now I need to go look in my storage rooms and see what I can find! I know I have an old lamp there somewhere, and I could use one in my kitchen too... thanks for sharing your gorgeous new "old" lamp! xoxo Julie Marie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I've been looking for one too, at least you found yours and made it look so pretty! Love it!

Rondell

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Oh Ana....That turned out really pretty! I love everything about it! You could try doing the distressing thing and if you don't like it just paint over it. I can't believe you got those bobeches for only $1 each! Wow!~Hugs, Patti

Sandra said...

Hi Ana! I'm back and I have started catching up on all the blogs I love visiting. Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment that I was being missed. :) Wow, you did a great job on that lil lamp! It looks pretty and dainty! Love it!
Have a wonderful evening.
Sandra

Dawn said...

Hello Sweet Ana, I'm so sorry I haven't been by much lately. Thank you so much for the sweet comments. My daughter is doing better but she was really attatched to that little hamster. I will try to get by more often. My rountine gets turned upside down and every which way with the kids home for summer vacation.
Hugs,
Dawn

ivana said...

Lamp turned out gorgeous!!! Brava!

Elyse said...

adorable, ana! you are so great at these makeovers!

xo
elyse

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Hi Ana, your little lamp turned out beautiful!! To answer your question about the toile pillows, I bought those a while back at Homegoods or Marshalls I can't remember which one now, but they are all about the same
anyways (; Thanks for stopping by and have a great holiday!

sunshine said...

I love it! It's perfect!
How smart are you!!?? :)

((Hugs))
Laura