Friday, July 9, 2010

A Petite Cottage Etsy Shop


Hey Everyone...

For those of you who didn't know already, I have an Etsy Shop, and I'm having a sale. I invite you all to come over and check it out...Let me know what you think. Just click on the button above.

One of the featured items that is on sale is an adorable cloth doll couple that has been in my personal collection for over 5 years now. It has been difficult letting go of many of my cloth dolls, but I know that the time has come for me to allow them to bring others the same joy they have brought me since first creating them.


If it's ok with you, I'd like to reminisce a little about the creation process that went into these two sweethearts.


(Each of my dolls is hand signed and dated.)
When I create cloth dolls, I always have an idea in mind, but they always seem to take on a life of their own. For this adorable couple, I knew that I wanted dolls with a vintage feel, hence the use of fabrics with soft and weathered colors.
There is an incredible amount of detail that goes into each one of my dolls. At first glance, they seem very simple, but a closer look reveals my love for dollmaking.
Here is a closeup of the bodice. I added some lace to embellish and add more dimension to an otherwise simple dress.


Here's a close up of the shoes and socks worn by the boy doll. These were also hand-made. The laces on the shoes are actually embroidery floss. It was just the right thickness to give them the finish look I was striving for.
And last, but certainly not least, below are close-ups of their adorable little faces.

Thank you for letting me walk down memory lane. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making these cloth dolls.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Blessings.


Hugs and Kisses,

15 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana... I had no idea you had an Etsy shop! Your little dolls are just precious! I am off to look at your shop now... xoxo Julie Marie

Shelley said...

Going right over to take a peek.....hope you are blessed and all is well...it has been a long while since I stopped by to visit....blessings

Kate said...

Beautiful Work Ana

I can see all the love and care just like how you love your friends.

Have a blessed and wonderful weekend

Love you
Kate

Dawn said...

Beautiful work on the dolls Ana. I'm off to visit your shop!
Hugs,
Dawn

GWENDOLYN said...

Hello Ana,
what sweet charming dolls you make. I did not know you had a etsy shop. I will be sure to check it out.
Blessings always:)
Gwen

Marydon said...

G'eve sweet Ana ~ I didn't realize you had a shop. I will visit you there.

What precious delicate adorable ladies you have created ... the detail is exquisite. Do you name them?

Have a lovely summer's eve ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Gina said...

I had no idea you had an etsy shop! I can't wait to go over & check it out.

Your attention to detail in doll making is impeccable. The shoes & socks alone are amazing!

Have a wonderful weekend dear friend.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Ana, your dolls are heaven sent.. Such detail! The love you have put into them shines through..
I will go take a peek at your shop.
Have a great weekend
Blessings,
Penny

Denise Auras said...

LINDOS!!!!QUE CAPRICHO,MUITO DELICADOS!!!!

Cindy said...

Oh Ana, your dolls are adorable! You really make them to look so unique. I love them!
Hugs, Cindy S

Elyse said...

good to know!

xo
elyse

marĂ­a cecilia said...

Dear Ana, I had to check twice to be sure if this was your blog, it`s so changed from the last time I came, very beautiful though. I have loved your sweet cloth dolls, they are so, soooo lovely and will now to see your etsy... didn´t know you had one, congrats!!!!
Hope you having a great time,
maria cecilia

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Ana,

I love your sweet dolls, and the attention to detail that has gone into them both.
Good luck with your Etsy store, I shall go and take a look.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

Oh Ana, your dolls are so lovely!!! The sweetest faces I have ever seen! The little shoes are so cute. Ana you have such talent!
hugs

Dena said...

Those are the sweetest little dolls! You can just feel all the love that went in to making them :)

Dena