Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Staircase, Check!


Hello dear blogging friends!

I do hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I'm blessed to say that mine's was full of family, fun, good food and a bit of productivity... Productivity, you ask? Well you see, since this was a three day weekend for my hubby I thought I would beg ask if he would work on some pending house projects. I'm excited to say that now I'll be able to check a few more items off that infamous list of things to do, yay!!! Here is one of the projects we worked on....

Do you remember my stairs? Below is a before picture...

And do you remember I wanted to stencil something on the risers and finish the sides with trim?

Well, here they are! What do you think? Oh, and did you see? I repainted the walls too but, I did that a while back. I just needed the trim done by my hubby to consider this project completed!

I did the numbers a while back too. Didn't end up stenciling them though. I used my cool Cricut machine to cut out some vinyl numbers instead. I think they look awesome.

I'm still finishing off the other projects...Hubby nails, cuts, hammers, saws and builds, but the painting, finishing touches and decorating are my job...So as soon as the other projects are done I will share with you. Be sure to check back to see them. Until then my friends.



Thank you for stopping by today for a visit.

Blessings.



Hugs and Kisses,

19 comments:

Deb said...

love your stairs Ana...

Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana... sounds like you had a wonderful 4th of July with family... I love your staircase! The numbers looks great, and I love how you have decorated as well... the pitcher with the roses is beautiful! xoxo Julie Marie

mary said...

love it ana! wish we were closer you and i would have lots of fun re-purposing things!

Gina said...

Your stairs have such a finished look to them now, they look wonderful! I love your little accessories too.

Chateau Chic Boutique said...

Your stairs turned out so cute! The trim makes all the difference. What a sweet hubby you have! You work well together!

Blessings,
Missy

Sea Witch said...

I love that you utilized numbers on each step riser. Counting "steps" is one of the first tools we use to teach our children their numbers and I still find myself counting steps to this day. There is something very childlike about this simple counting task and it always makes me smile. Sea Witch

The Tablescaper said...

They look adorable! What a great use for the cutter as well. I've often thought of purchasing one, but tend to not scarpbook as much as I used to.

- The Tablescaper

Vintage French Hen said...

WOW! THAT TURNED OUT GREAT! LOVE THE STAIRCASE, AND PAINT JOB. WISH I HAD A CRICUT! EVERYONE RAVES OVER THEM! MARCIA

Jacqui said...

Hello Ana,
That staircase is great, and the pitcher is gorgeous, thanks for the introduction to other bloggers, how lovely to find all these wonderful people,

Hugs
Jacqui

Kate said...

Hi Ana
The staircase is magazine perfect!!! You did an amazing job. Glad that you had such a blessed holiday with your family.

Sending you much love
Kate

elmundodetrapito said...

hola amiga que bueno que comienzes con tus proyectos te esta quedando lindisima me encata asi sencilla y romantica la jarra es preciosa y las tohallas de algodon son mis preferidas aqui en argentina no hay en esos estilo todo de maravilla amiga mucho cariño y que una bella luz te acompañe en tu vida moni

sunshine said...

They look amazing!
What a lovely idea. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Elyse said...

ana,

you are the coolest. this idea is AMAZING! love - love - love it!

xo
elyse

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Ana....Looks great girl! Numbers seem to be so popular right now! You are your hubby are a good team!~Hugs, Patti

Irma said...

Great job Miss Ana, I think Ken and Pepe need to hang out more often so some of that DIY talent your husband possesses can rub off on my hubby.(LOL)

Looking forward to our Urban Barn weekend!!!

Beshitos y abrashitos :D

Anonymous said...

I like your blog !!Thank you. They are really great .
do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!
Yves Saint Laurent
Tory Burch
Christian Louboutin
Men's Shoes
Women's Shoes
New Arrivals

Vicki said...

Hi, Ana,
Your stairs look fabulous!! I am glad you decided on the numbers (very French looking). The wicker basket with linens looks wonderful along with the pretty pitcher. I also love your lamp that you made for your kitchen, very, very pretty! Enjoy the rest of your week, sweet friend, and have a fabulous weekend. Sending love and hugs your way~ Vicki

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Your stairs look great, I love the numbers on them!!

sandeep sharma said...

Good post, let a person big open horizon. I look forward to more updates and will be returning.Cheers!

Tim Holtz

scrapbook