Monday, September 27, 2010

Awesome Idea!


As I was surfing the net the other day, I came across two awesome new blogs...well, they're new to me anyways :-) They are Debbie's, Confessions of a Plate Addict and Linda's, Nina's Nest. There I found a project they both shared that I just couldn't wait to give a try...

First you'll need a cheese dome like this one...A gift from my mother-in-law :-)

Second you'll need some sort of base...a candle stick like this one worked great. Found it at a thrift store for $1.50.

You may be asking yourself, "What can you possibly make out of these two seemingly non-related items?" Well with a little bit of creativity and a bit of heavy duty glue....

Voila! You can make a fancy little cloche/pastry dome stand. Yay! So simple, yet so pretty. And to think that the possibilities are endless...For example, Debbie and Linda painted their base and wooden dome dish to match... I think I'll leave mine just as it is...I like this look. What do you think? If you'd like to see what they did just click here to see Debbie's and here for Linda's...Thank you ladies for sharing your awesome project idea and your creativity.


Hope everyone is having a wonderful autumn day.

Thank you dear friends for stopping by.

Until next time.

Blessings.







Hugs and Kisses,

14 comments:

Willow said...

It looks so lovely. I have to have one, so I am on the look for a candlestick holder and cheese dome.

Willow

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Ana....It is a really cute idea! One of my earlier posts I did the same thing with a candle pedestal I got from Goodwill for cheap. You can find those cheese domes everywhere and mostly for a really cheap price! Decorating them in a variety of ways is all left up to your own imagination! I have a small striped pumpkin in mine right now. Have a wonderful Fall day!~Hugs, Patti

Cindy said...

That is a wonderful idea, I have seen it before and just never done it. I have the stuff to do it, though. Maybe this is the nudge that I need.
You always provide inspiration!
Hugs, Cindy

Foxglove Spires said...

Ana, I think it looks perfect and how you left the base wooden is great, the contrast is lovely.

Have a beautiful and creative day my friend. xxx

Manoly said...

Ana realmente precioso, es increible con poco dinero e imaginación lo que se puede hacer verdad?Y el mueble de más abajo divino, te ha quedado precioso, enhorabuena Ana, te mando un besito desde España.
Manoly

Deb said...

cute...I love Debbie's blog....

Gina said...

That's a great idea & it looks so pretty too! I like that you left the wood plate because it makes for such a nice contrast.
Thanks for sharing this & I hope you have a lovely week!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Ana, it turned out great! Thanks so much for mentioning Debbie and me. I enjoy your blog, too! Linda

Wobegon Cottage said...

What a great idea..I just happen to have a cheese dome like that which I almost gave away but now I can make something new out of it..Thank you so much!

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Ana, what a lovely idea! I have to do that....thanks for the inspiration.

Have a blessed week, my friend!

Hugs, Barb

Misborda2 said...

Hi Ana: beautiful result, the simple things also have their charm, one must know how to use it, with a little creativity!!
Hugs, Happy Day, Laura.

My Fabuleux Finds said...

Hello Sweet friend -
I have been so behind on my blogging, but I recently was able to post what i`ve been up to ... it looks like you have been as creative as ever! Have a wonderful day <3

rustandruffles said...

Another absolutely fabulous project Ana...I love picking up these domes at the thrift store and am anxious to try this out! Wanted to let you know that I mentioned your blog and one of your projects in my most recent post...thanks for the great ideas!
Happy day!
xojanis

June said...

I love this Ana! I have a couple of cheese domes I could try this with. thank you so much for sharing dear one.
hugs