Thursday, September 16, 2010

Curbside Treasure


Hi Everyone!

I was dying to share with you what my super sweet hubby found for me...
I just couldn't wait to show you!

Can you believe this was just thrown out? One man's junk...Am I right?

My hubby was coming home from work yesterday when he saw this on the side of the curb and thought..."Hmm, maybe my baby will like it. She is just so clever and creative and to top it all off beautiful, smart and..." Well maybe this last sentence was a little made up :-) Anyway he thought maybe I could do something with it. So he took me back to check it out and I just squealed with delight when I saw it.

Tres shabby chic, don't you think?...Just a little cleaning, maybe some paint...

This will definitely have to be changed completely...Yucky, yuck, yuck! But, that's alright because it was free!!! What can be better than that?...

Oh! Maybe two chairs, yay!

I can't wait to get started. As soon as I'm done I'll be sharing the after pics...

Stay tuned...




Hugs and Kisses,

17 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

Can't wait to see the afters !!!

Willow said...

They are so cute, lucky Hubby you have there. Can't wait to see what you do.

Willow

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Nice curbside find! Very pretty chairs and the best part...FREE! I will be waiting to see their transformation!~Hugs, Patti

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Ana... how fun! And how very sweet of your hubby to find those for you... and I do believe ALL of the things he thought are true, including the last sentence! I can't wait to see what you do with them... it's so much fun rescuing "lost treasures" that someone has discarded... xoxo Julie Marie

Claudia said...

Okay, your husband wins an award! Great eye! They are beautiful.

xo
Claudia

Mari said...

HELLO ANA,

YOU LUCKY GAL, THOSE CHAIRS ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM WHEN YOUR ALL DONE WITH THEM :)

XOX~MARI

Doni said...

Isn't is awesome when you know you can let the hubby out and he will keep an eye open for you? He is trained well! Get's an A+!
Can't wait to see what you do with those chairs! The potential is huge!
Blessings, Doni

Sea Witch said...

Ooooh, sidewalk treasure. Can't wait to see what you do with this pair of lovely chairs. Sea Witch

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Ana,

Lucky lucky! your new chairs are fabulous and can't wait to see what you do with them.
Great that your hubby had his eyes on the look out.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Foxglove Spires said...

Ana what a beautiful treasure, from the look of your wonderful creations you will turn these chairs into something very beautiful, can't wait to see the end result.

Have a beautiful day. xx

texasdaisey said...

Oh he did good! What a treasure! Wow I bet they turn out beautiful.
Debbie

Gina said...

I guess your hubby knows you well! These chairs were quite the find & I just know with your creativity & some TLC, they will be gorgeous. I can't wait to see them finished.

Have a beautiful weekend.

Lee Laurie said...

They are gonna be so pretty when you get finished! Can't wait!

Cindy said...

OOOhhh...your hubby sounds just like minw (he says all of those same wonderful things, too hehehee) and you sound just like me. I love me some curb finds! Those will be gorgeous when you are done with them, girlfriend!
Hugs, Cindy

Elyse said...

hi ana,

i know you will do a spectacular job of shabbifying these chairs! have fun!!!

xo
elyse

June said...

Ana, You lucky, lucky girl. So sweet of your dear man to find you treasures. These will be beautiful as soon as you get your lovely hands on them!
hugs

maría cecilia said...

Lucky you!!!! they are tres chic, for sure!!! And, of course, your husband is so sweet.
So sad I have missed your lovely giveaway with those so pretty crochet things made by you... really a wonderful giveaway, dear Ana.
cariños,
maria cecilia