Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Let's Try This Again...


A while back... Boy, I'm talking about 10 or 11 years ago...Wow, its been that long? Anyways, a while back I bought this beautiful piece at a discount store.

This was not its original color or finish. When I first got it, it was kinda bluish-green with a white wash. I guess their attempt was to make it look like some sort of stone...Sorry I don't have a picture of what it looked like originally to show you.

But I wanted it to look like old, chippy, painted cast iron. So I tried my hand, for the very first time, at faux finishing and this is how it turned out. Needless to say it didn't quite turned out as I had envisioned it. Soooo.... After 10 years I thought it was time to give it another try.

I started off with a black base. Then over this I added a white layer. Jeepers, I was as so excited about redoing this piece I forgot to take a picture of it with the white layer, anyhoo...

Before the white paint dried completely I wiped some of it off, revealing the black base underneath...As a final step I further antiqued it with a layer of dark antiquing medium.

Yay! Finally the look I wanted. What do you think?

This was the final piece I needed to complete my decorating on this wall...It's the wall where I have my new buffet....So you know what that means? That my buffet is all dressed up for fall. Do ya wanna see? Well you'll have to come back on Friday. I know, I know, I'm such a tease :-) See you then.


Have a fantabulous day.

Blessings.



Hugs and Kisses,

11 comments:

Willow said...

It looks lovely. As always you did a great job making it look better.

Willow

Julie Marie said...

Hi Ana... oooh, I love how you did that beautiful piece! And it looks wonderful on your mantle... I can't wait to see your Autumn decorations... I will be back Friday for SURE! xoxo Julie Marie

Gina said...

Oh it's beautiful! You really did a nice job on it. I can't wait to see your fall decor...knowing you, I'm sure it's lovely!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Ana,
I love it!! It is just beautiful - you did a great job! I recently found a little cherub header piece that is similar- I might have to try that on it to age it a bit too! :)

Deb said...

it pays to hang on to things...look how lovely it turned out...

Kate said...

Beautiful just like you sweet Ana

Have a blessed week

xoxo
Kate

Jacqui said...

Hi Ana, it's gorgeous, you are so clever! Have a wonderful week xxx

Foxglove Spires said...

It looks perfect hanging on the wall, can't wait to see your autumn buffet!!!

Have a most wonderful day. xxx

Sandra said...

Hi Ana! I love the transformation! What a beautiful piece of decor. You did a great job, my friend. I can't wait to see your fall buffet.
Blessings,
Sandra

Misborda2 said...

Hi Ana: for the second time around you to become great, I love the end result, and as is in that wall. See you on Friday?
A hug and Happy Day, Laura.

Cindy said...

Dearest Ana,
Your newly painted piece looks beautiful! Especially over that lovely picture.
Ohhh...you won't show us your Fall decor today? Okay, then I guess I shall have to come back next time to see it.=o)
Big hugs, Cindy