Monday, October 18, 2010

More Halloween Decorations


Happy Monday Everyone!

It's two weeks until Halloween and I'm so excited because for the very first time in years I am not stressing over our costumes. I love to sew our costumes myself or at least put them together, however, I always wait until the last minute and end up stressing and rushing to finish them. Not this year, they've been done for weeks now, yay! Sorry I can't reveal what we'll be dressing up as this year...it's a surprise. Everyone is just going to have to wait :-P Anyways, my point is that since our costumes are all done I've had a little extra time to add some more Halloween decorations to our petite cottage. Do you wanna see?

I made this topiary from some of the pumpkins we picked at the pumpkin patch.

I used my Cricut to make the vinyl letters. After Halloween I can just peel them off and keep my topiary until Thanksgiving...If the pumpkins will last that long ;-)

Dollar Tree finds...I added the Witches Brew tag to make it look like a specimen jar...Not sure if I accomplished my goal...But I think it was a pretty good try :-)

Now lets see what I did in my dining room.

Some more Dollar Tree finds...I used the same vinyl cut-outs on these glasses.

Found these cute little scrap booking knick knacks last year at a thrift store...Just added some magnets to the back...They worked really well on my chalkboard mini tray.


Found this plastic plate at Target.

Well, I think I'll give myself a hand (maybe even the whole arm...hee, hee, hee) for finishing our costumes way in advance...Now off to work on some more fun holloweeny stuff.


Thank you for stopping by today.
I hope you enjoyed your visit and that you'll be back again real soon.
Have a fantabulous new week.



Hugs and Kisses,

9 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hey Ana, great decorations. Love those pumpkins. I went to the grocery store today to see if I could find anything close to Halloweeny or Fall like and came up with basically nada, nothing. Ugh! That plastic plate from Target is so fun mixed in with your other sweet plates. Your wallcolors are great. Bravo for being ahead of the game. I can barely plan for the next day. :/ Have a great week. Tammy

Kate said...

Ana

everything does look Boo tiful:)) You did a terrific job with all of the dollar tree finds.
Thank you for all of your prayers and texts.

love you
Kate

Julie Marie said...

Hi Ana... oooh everything looks bewitching! Your pumpkin topiary is so cute! And I love your chalkboard with the little magnets... how fun it must be at your house on Halloween!... xoxo Julie Marie

Heather said...

All your Halloween decorations look fantastic! Your pumpkin topiary is adorable. I don't have a Cricut...I may need to get one since I love topography! I am excited to see your Halloween costumes! :)

monah http://graciouscottage.com/ said...

Hi,
I just found your site and see you are a member of Etsy Cottage Style. I just joined the group. Love your Halloween decorations...monah

Gina said...

All of your decorations look wonderful! The specimen jar cracks me up, it's too funny. I also love your topiary.
You are lucky to have your costumes all done. My son's costume is planned, but I haven't gotten everything for it just yet. My daughter wasn't planning to dress up this year, but now she's been invited to a party & wants to dress up. So begins the scramble...

June said...

I love the topiary and the scull plate hanging with the pretty white plates is classic!

Foxglove Spires said...

All of your Halloween decorations look so wonderful you have done a fantastic job. I can't wait to see your costumes!

Have a creative and inspiring week my friend. xxx

Willow said...

Catching up on my missed bloggers posts. I love what you have down. Just love this time of the year.

Willow