Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"As Is" Dress Form...Before and After

Hi Everyone!


I just finished my petite dress form...Do you wanna see?

Remember what it looked like before?

As I was pulling her apart guess what I found underneath this interesting choice of fabrics?

Can you believe it? Needless to say I decided to leave this part...as is...

However, the stand and neck piece needed a little something more, so...

I decided to use this wooden candlestick for the stand...Didn't like the original color (top) so I stained it a little darker...By the way, got the candlestick and it's pair at a thrift store for 50 cents each.

And to embellish the neck piece I created this cute little finial out of a vintage knob and some other spare parts I had...

Which later I painted and gave a rubbed bronze finish look to.

Well enough with the chit chat Ana....Show your sweet blogging friends the After...

Here she is...

Close up of the finished finial and...

stamped sash, for a little pizazz.

So what do you think. Was it worth the whole $5.00 I paid for it? I mean $5.50...including the candlestick. I think so. Love it!


Thank you for stopping by today.

Have a wonderful day.

Blessings.




Hugs and Kisses,

22 comments:

KATHY said...

I love it ana!! It looks fantastic.

Kathy

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana, I love her! She looks just beautiful in your home... how fun that she had that underneath the other fabric... gorgeous!... xoxo Julie Marie

Rebecca said...

She's Flipping Out Fabulous, Ana! I love her! Whoot! Whoot! Girly...you done gooood! I mean GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

xoRebecca

Marydon said...

Over the moon GORGEOUS, Ana! You created a beauty!

Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving holiday.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Gina said...

That's amazing and it's beautiful! I can't believe what you found underneath...how lucky was that? The stand & finial are perfect now too. It makes such a pretty vignette.

June said...

OMG!!! This is wonderful Ana! I love what you found under all of the fabric and I am so glad you left it. But it is what you did to the stand and the top that is WOW!!!
hugs to you!!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

What a sweet find and the price is wonderful for her. Love it!
Thanks for visiting my blog always so enjoy your comments♥

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Ana,

I love your new Mannequin and the makeover you gave her... Fabulous! and how neat that you found the original fabric underneath.

Happy rest of the week
Hugs
Carolyn

rustandruffles said...

Oh Ana....what a gorgeous transformation...I love how you used inexpensive bits and pieces to make this really special!
Happy day!
xojanis

Vintage French Hen said...

I'll give you $10.00! Just kidding, you got the bargain of the century! Marcia

Mery said...

!Hola Ana¡me gustan mucho tus trabajos,gracias por visitarme un besote MERY

Violet said...

You turned that dress form into a beautiful piece! Amazing it looked so good under the ugly 'before' fabric!!! It looks fabulous! Love how you gave her a new design.

~ Violet

Cindy said...

Hello sweet Ana,
I hope this finds you feeling well and energetic.:O)
Your as is dress form is DARLING!!! I love it! You are so creative, my friend, so much fun to see what you do with things.
Hugs, Cindy

Kate said...

Ana
She is gorgeous!!!! I love how she turned out and looks perfect on the dresser. You did a fantastic job. Sending you much love my friend.

xoxo
Kate

Passionate for White said...

She's beautiful and so is your blog! I just became a follower.

Heather said...

Wow, Ana, this has got to be my most favorite project of yours so far! You really have a knack for make-overs. I absolutely love it and am so very jealous!

Jacque said...

TOO CUTE, Anna!!

You have an eye for RE-creating...love all your ideas!!

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday....

Sandra said...

Hi Ana! Oh my goodness! I love it! You did great, mi amiga! What a great buy too! Looove it!
Sandra

Vicki said...

Hi, Ana,
Yes, another of your amazing transformations!! Love everything you did with this charming dress form, and it looks perfect in your sweet cottage home!! I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a blessed week and very Happy Thanksgiving, my friend~ love always~ Vicki

Shabbygalsnest said...

Ana, she looks gorgeous! I love how you kept her simple! not to much! Just perfect! Traci

Chateau Chic Boutique said...

Ana - what a score! You did good girl! Isn't it funny how you can uncover something so pretty that someone else was trying to hide?
Blessings to you,
Missy

Foxglove Spires said...

This is soooooo gorgeous I adore it!!!!