Friday, November 12, 2010

"As Is" Finds

Finally, I finished the second curbside found chair...Yay!

I promised myself I wouldn't start on any other projects until this one was done, and now it's done! So....The following are some recent finds that require a little TLC that I just can't wait to get started on.

Found this cute little body form at a thrift store...Not happy with the fabric choices or stand but for only $5.00 I had to have it.

Not sure why it was marked "As Is." Well, other than fabric choices? Anyway, with a little TLC and a bit of creativity I know it will turn out beautifully...

Second find is this super cute and huge snowman picture in frame...I love, love, love snow people. It'll go perfect with all my other snow people that I put out at Christmas time. And it was only....Are you ready?

Yes, $1.50 and again marked "As Is." I think this was marked that way because it's missing the wire on the back to hang it. Easy fix! However, I am contemplating on painting the frame a different color, not sure yet. Hey, but for a buck fifty I think it was an awesome find...And now for my third and final find...

And for my favorite kind of price, FREE! This will require a little bit more TLC....A good cleaning and a brand new custom made (by me) slipcover and I think this little baby will shine... I can't wait to get started!

Oh, and although the sign didn't originally have it, I think they should have written "As Is" on it as well...Hee, hee, hee. By the way, it came with it's own little ottoman too. I think you can see it in the back...Sweet!

So off I go to get started...

Please come back and check out how these "As Is" finds turn out.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Have a wonderfully creative day!

Blessings.




Hugs and Kisses,

22 comments:

Rebecca said...

You crack me up! I LOVE YOUR FINDS! And your vision...passion...grace.

You inspire me!

xoRebecca

Lisa @ On Cloud Pink said...

Anna,

Those are my kinda finds! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see the results.

Toodlepeeps.

Gina said...

I can't wait to see what you do to these wonderful finds. I know you'll give them enough TLC to inspire me (or make me envious!) LOL

KATHY said...

You really got some great things!! The free chair is going to be beautiful.I love the finished chairs.I would love to try to make a slipcover for a chair like that.I don't know if i could do it. I can't wait to see it when it's done.

Kathy

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Oooohhh...something to look forward to! Great finds Ana! Can't wait to see your transformations! I love the table and the chairs on each side...you have it accessorized beautifully!~Hugs, Patti

Char said...

You hit pay dirt my friend. It's all treasure and I can't wait to see what you do with it all, Char

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana, love how your chairs turned out, just beautiful! You find the best things... can't wait to see how your chair turns out!... xoxo Julie Marie (I picture your little dressform all fancy for the holidays!)...

June said...

Ana I just know that once you get your little hands on these they will be beautiful just like the chairs you finished. They look perfect next to your buffet.
I need to follow your lead and tell myself that I can't start anything else until my last project is finished!
hugs

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Ana,

How lovely to have your visit today, thank you.
It was great to come over to see what you are up to.
How lucky you are with all those treasures you took home with you. I love how you have covered the two chairs, better than new. Also I love your dress form and I can't wait to see what you do with that.

I hope that you are having a lovely weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Ana, hope you are off to a great weekend. I see that you are busy crafting away. I can't seem to get beyond the before stage. Ugh! We do have 9 days off now so I am hoping to get some projects started and completed. The kids room is on the agenda today. Not an easy task. I have so much to organize and that means a lot of mess in the process. Love all your makeover projects and the story behind your blog name. I had to come up with mine in a split second as my cousin was pressuring me to start a blog and was standing over my shoulder at the computer until I did it. Ha! Take care and best wishes, Tammy

~ Lisa ~ said...

Hi Ana, nice to meet you, thank you for stopping by my blog http://littleyellowhomeinthecountry.blogspot.com/ thank you for your sweet comments. I absolutely love your blog and have marked you as one of my favs. I can't wait to continue to look at your older posts. thanks again for stopping by my blog, it's something fun to do and I enjoy it. ~ Lisa from Indiana ~

Foxglove Spires said...

Ana you find some wonderful treasures and you make them shine and sparkle, do you have a magic wand!
I can't wait to see what marvellous creations you bring to life.

Have a inspiring weekend my friend. xxxx

Violet said...

Such beauty here! I love the salvaged items, and that dress form is going to be fabulous!
~ Violet

Willow said...

The chairs look great. It looks like you had a fantastic day finding good deals.

Willow

Vicki said...

Oh, Ana, I can't wait to see what you do with that cute dress form and chair. I know after you put your "magic touch" to them they will be wonderful!! I love the snow person picture, too, so, so cute and will go perfectly with your others. Thank you so much for coming by for a visit. Enjoy your weekend, sweet friend~love always~Vicki

Cindy said...

Hello my friend,
I love the way your chairs turned out, they look so nice in the DR. Wow, I adore that dress form and the snowman picture! I adore snowpeople, too. And I know you will make that chair and ottoman look brand new, again! I can't wait to see what you do with it.
Hugs, Cindy

Shabbygalsnest said...

Ana I love the way the chairs turned out! It will be intersting to see how your other great finds will turn out! You are definitely creative! Traci

Heather said...

You found some very interesting things! Also, I love the buffet table in the middle of your chairs. Is that another great find of yours?

GWENDOLYN said...

What wonderful bargains you found. The dress form is darling and what a price! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your chair.
Blessings~
Gwen

Atelier de Charo said...

Hola Ana, pasaba a saludarte, grandes hallazgos querida amiga, no puedo esperar para ver que cambios les vas a dar!

Besos
Charo

Sarah said...

Ana, you are going to have fun with these projects. Can't wait to see what you do with the dress form.

Angela said...

My Lord, I thought I was the diva for thrift finding..you ROCK!!! I love the snowman...what a price..Everything is awesome..the dress form is just beautiful. I really love your crosses..