Monday, November 8, 2010

Before and After: Cabinet Door

A couple of weeks ago my wonderful dad-in-law brought these two cabinet pieces home...Can you believe someone threw these out? By the way, if there is anyone else I know who loves junk as much as I do it would have to be my dad-in-law :-)

Cabinet door...still on the frame (above) and a cabinet panel (below)

When hubby saw them on his dad's porch he knew they were something I would love to have and create something out of...so he asked. Being the sweet guy that my dad-in-law is of course he said yes...Yay! Thank you Dad!

So this is what I did with the first piece.

I just finished it today and couldn't wait to show you all...

Here's a closer look at the piece I decoupaged on.

Now to find a home for it...Oh and decide what I'm going to do with the other piece. Do you have any ideas of what I should do with the panel? Let me know what you think.


Thank you for stopping by today.

And don't be shy...leave me a comment so I know you were here.

Have a wonderfully creative new week.

Blessings.


Added 11/10/10

***Just heard about an awesome party happening over at Kim's blog Savvy Southern Style. It's her 2nd Before and After Party. I thought it'd be tons of fun to join. Click here to drop on by and see all the other Before and Afters.***



Hugs and Kisses,

17 comments:

Cindy said...

WoW!!! Ana, that looks gorgeous! I love it, you are so creative.
Hugs, Cindy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Hi Ana, I love what you did with that. Can you hang it in a bathroom and hang towels from it or even hang lavender bundles from it or something like that.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

How creative Ana! Hmmmm....You could find numerous uses for it I am sure. I love the glass knobs!~Hugs, Patti

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana, that is so pretty! You are so creative with your finds, and how fun that your dad~in~law likes to junk too and found those for you!... xoxo Julie Marie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I have to agree with Cindy, you are very creative, it is just beautiful!

With the other piece your DIL gave you...how about a holiday sign? Just a thought:)

Rondell

La Doña Jenny said...

Hello Ana,
I just became a follower. Love what you did with the cabinet doors. Thanks for the idea...now of to find some old discarde doors. Have a great week.

Jenny

Suzanne said...

Hi Ana,
When I first saw the doors, I thought "what can she create with those". Well, look out...because you have such a creative mind! That is so cool! Ingenious people like you are my heroes;)
Hugs, Suzanne

Foxglove Spires said...

Ana this looks beautiful, I love how you put the knobs on the bottom, now you can find a number of different uses for it as well as looking so lovely.

Have a day filled with happiness my friend. xxxx

Claudia said...

Ana, what a fabulous creation! You really transformed that piece.

xo
Claudia

Heather said...

You transformed the cabinet piece into something quite lovely! I just love the piece that you decoupaged on! Please share with us how you made that!

Willow said...

I love finding things like that. You did a great job.

As far as the other panel, not sure how wide it is, you could paint a saying on it or put some small hooks on it and hang tiny little ornaments on it for the holidays after painting it maybe red with a green ribbon for hanging on wall?

Willow

Shabbygalsnest said...

Great job Ana! You have a very creative soul! You have inspired me to get creative again! Traci

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Ana, thanks so much for linking this up to my party. I just love it!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Ana~
Your sign is darling! I love what you did with the decoupage and the color is beautiful! You are so very creative!! I would say make the other one a sign or peg rack or something along those lines. :)

All That Glitters said...

What a gorgeous piece!!!!!

It's Just Me said...

Oh Ana, that is so beautiful ... I could see this in my girls' bathroom. Would be great to hang their hand towels on. : )

Nice to meet ya by the way : )

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Ana,
My goodness you were a clever girl...and so creative.I love how you used what you had to create a one of a kind sign..I always try to reuse or re-purpose what I have too. You did a great job! two thumbs up from me....
(I want one too!)I really do!
Have a very sweet day, hugs~Elizabeth