Friday, November 5, 2010

A PetiteCottage

Have I ever told you the story of how I decided on my blog's name? Would you like to hear it? Well, if you do and you have a minute, won't you come in an sit a while? Sit right here, on my favorite comfy chair...

Would you like a cup of tea?

It's not a very long story...I promise :-)

It all began when I decided to start a blog. I knew my blog was going to be mainly about our home, my love for shabby, vintagey things and creativity, but what should I name it? I'm not sure if you know but, I'm huge on initials...love, love, love them....

...So I knew my blog's name should have hubby's and my initials, first and last name.

A=Ana

P=Pepe (my hubby's nickname) and

C=Our last name.

Then I decided to use our initials to create a title...Since my blog would be about our home the "C" was easy. I love cottages and always have considered our little home a cottage. After that "P" for petite made sense since our home is small...However "A" was a challenge. I thought another adjective would be a good idea...Believe it or not there aren't that many adjectives that begin with the letter "A" that would describe our home...The only other two titles I could think of were: Adorable Petite Cottage...hummm, too presumptuous and Ana's Petite Cottage...Well, no because it's not just my cottage...So after a lot of thought I decided to name it simply A Petite Cottage.

So there you have it. Not a very interesting story, but I thought I'd share it would you, especially today since I'm displaying a new blog header and look. Funny, but every time I create a new header I think, "Is my title too simple? Did I pick the right name?" And it makes me think back of why I named it what I did in the first place.


Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit today...

I do hope you come back real soon.

Blessings.




Hugs and Kisses,

18 comments:

Gina said...

That's a great story & I love that you picked your blog's name from something so meaningful.
I love your new look too...it's really quite pretty.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Joy said...

Sweet story love the photos!

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello sweet Ana... first of all, your new header is gorgeous, just like you!... love the story of how your blog got it's name... perfect! I am so cozy sitting in your pretty white chair and the tea is so yummy, I could sit here and chat all day...I know how you love initials, and I love my little birdie you sent me when I won your giveaway, and you even embroidered my initials on the back! It is one of my most treasured things I own... I think your blog name says it all just beautifully... and you put so much thought and meaning and love into everything you do... also, you are a petite little lady... so it suits you to a tea!... xoxo Julie Marie

Heather said...

Your new header looks fabulous! I need to change mine, but I am afraid to. Love your story too!

Shabbygalsnest said...

I think your name is perfect since it has so much meaning to your family. The new header looks fabulous too! Have a great weekend! Traci

Sandra said...

Oooh...I love the meaning of your blog name, Ana.:) It's perfect. Have a wonderful evening.
Sandra

Jacqui said...

Ooh, I love your new header Ana, and your post is lovely. Have a great weekend,
Hugs
Jacqui

High Street Cottage said...

What a great story Ana, and my last name begins with "C" also, it's why you see the wine topper with the pretty initial in the Rustic Charm photo you commented on at my blog. The chair is so welcoming and honestly if I may?...it shows how ultra simple it is to change from current style to cottage style in the second it takes to cover a chair with a pretty chenille bedspread. We're living in times where every penny counts, yet we want beauty in our homes. So it's why I love that photo! Well done young lady. Thanks for stopping by the high street cottage, and your nice comment. If you are a follower just to say I'll have a giveaway very soon when I reach 100 followers, have a wonderful weekend and keep up the good work, tami

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Love the sweet story, Ana! Love your name even more now!

I chose Enchanted Rose, because my mother loves roses and she's absolutely enchanting! And Studio, well it's all my work. Not as sweet as yours, but sentimental none the less!

Cheers!

Tina

Irma@CosasBellas said...

Beautiful header Miss Ana, love the new look!

{{Hug}}
Irma

Chateau Chic Boutique said...

Hi Ana! What a cute story! I love learning new and interesting things about my blog friends. I love your blog name even more now! Thank you for sharing. Now you've got me wondering what I would come up with if I did that. Hmmmm. ;).
Have a super blessed weekend!
Missy

Foxglove Spires said...

Ana thank you for such a delicious cup of tea and a relaxing chair to sit while I read your sweet story. Your blog's title is beautiful simple but perfect and has such a lovely story to accompany it.

I like your new look.

Have a glorious weekend my friend. xxxx

thewhitechair said...

Beautiful post Ana! I love the story behind the name. Have a great weekend! blessings
deborah

Elyse said...

hi ana,

it makes perfect sense and is lovely.

i'm always second guessing. i named my blog cottage and then came up with tinkered treasures and i think people don't know what to call my blog so they put: elyse /cottage/tinkered treasures! LOL oh well. sorry to ramble.

happy weekend ~ enjoy the extra hour!

xo
elyse

Lady Pamela said...

I enjoyed reading your story of how you came to decide on a blog name. I need to make a post on how I became "Lady" Pamela one day, too. My friends helped me pick that nickname. Love the photo of the tea pot scene.

Wobegon Cottage said...

What a cute story..I love hearing about how other people come up with ideas. I am looking for a comfortable chair for a corner in my bedroom to sit and read and of course have a cup of tea or maybe coffee if it is morning:)

Katty's cosy cove said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I really appreciate it. I love your post, so cute. I will enter your name in my little bird give-away. Hugs

Suzanne said...

iWhat a sweet story! it's funny because as I was clicking on your blog to come visit, I thought to myself that it was such a cute name. Now I know the story. And I LOVE the tea set and would curl up in that chair all day:)