Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Favorite Decorating Colors

Ever since hubby and I first got married my all time favorite colors for decorating, especially in the living room have been white and any hue in the red and green family. They also happen to be my favorite colors to use for my Christmas decorating.
Which by the way is all done in our petite living room. I'd like to share some pictures of my Christmas coffee table vignette with you today.


Here's a closer look. Love the red and white contrast with the pop of chartreuse green.

My chicken wire dome all dressed up for the holiday.
Sweet little birds almost always find their way into most every one of my vignettes...I can't wait to share with you more pictures of my living room all decorated, but it'll have to wait until next time. In the meantime here's a little blast from my past...
Now if you thought I was kidding about always decorating with white and any hues of red and green ever since I first got married, well here's a little flash back to my decorating past...Enjoy!
This was our living room in our very first home together...A very small, but cozy apartment. White sofas and let me point out that they were not slipcovered...What was I thinking? Accented with dusty pink and sage green pillows. Sorry about this and the next two pictures...Pre-digital camera time :-)

Couple of years later we moved into our little cottage and little Miss Cutie here was born and it was time to slipcover. Notice the burgundy/red blinds and the store bought slipcover has forest green and burgundy too. Plus a few white accents. I promise you there were some, you can't really see them in this angle. It was also during pre-blogging time so I don't have very many pictures of my home decor from this time. These were the best I could find :-P
My daughter with her best friend Miguel and Cookie our Chihuahua.
After a few years it was time for a new sofa set...again green. My big comfy chair in the back is in a coordinating printed fabric with white and red flowers on a green background. (Little side note, this is the set I still have...the ones from the very first picture, but now they sport slipcovers I made for them.) I just can't stay away from these colors...Love, love, love them.
Happy 1st of December everyone.
Blessings.



Hugs and Kisses,

18 comments:

Elyse said...

hi ana!

i am so inspired by your nest/wire/pillar idea! everything is lovely. so fun seeing your tastes change through the years!

happy december ~

xo
elyse

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana... your living room is so beautiful! I love that you use red and also all the little birdies everywhere... it was fun seeing your older photos too... see, you were decorating in white before it was the "cool" thing to do!... I still decorate alot of my home the way I did our little farmhouse from over 25 years ago... the old saying is so true... "the more things change, the more they stay the same"... now the farmhouse style is gaining popularity again... (mine will never change from that)...I love to keep my house comfy and filled with familiar treasures... always LOVE my visits here, you have such beautiful treasures in your home!... are you making a special ornament again this year? If so, I can't wait to see it!... xoxo Julie Marie

Marydon said...

G'day sweet Ana ~ I have so enjoyed the beautiful pictures of the homes & family. Your flair for decorating is elegant, yet so comfortable. The greens sofa I just love ... how brave you are to have white, tho I'd love to be able to, also, but that will not happen.

Anxious to see all your gorgeous decorations & ornies ...

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Dawn said...

Loved seeing your Christmas coffee table. The old photos were fun. I really think color preference is ingrained in us somehow. I get tempted to stray from my favorites but always go back to them. My knee is acting up so I can't get up to the attic yet. I'm dying to start decorating for Christmas!

Gina said...

Your living room & coffee table vignette are lovely! The red & green accent all the white so beautifully. I love it!

Heather said...

Hi Ana! I love red and white together. Yours looks sooo pretty. Isn't fun to look at decorating adventures of the past? When I look at old photos of past interiors in my home, I often wonder what was I thinking at the time! LOL!

By the way, you may want to check out the blog "Happy at Home". Robin just decorated her kitchen shelves in red and white and I think you would really like it!

GWENDOLYN KAY said...

Ana,
Your white living room is just dreamy! I love it and I ador those sweet little birds! I was just telling my grown son today.. that I love birds and that would be a good gift, not a real one, ha!

Blessings~
Gwenny

Jacqui said...

Your home is beautiful, I so love those birds!! Burgundy and white are such a gorgeous contrast..
Hugs,
Jacqui

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Ana,
I'm so sorry it took me forever to get over here after your sweet visit.

I love your colors, so very pretty. Your home is a dream and was before at your little apartment too!

Happy December
xo~Tracie

Atelier de Charo said...

Hola querida Ana, me encantó los finos detalles decorativos que haz puesto en tu mesa de centro, muy originales! Todo muy lindo!

Besos
Charo

Toyin O. said...

Beautiful decoration, I love your livng room.

Foxglove Spires said...

Happy December dear Ana, I love your coffee table and the little birds are adorable. I loved looking back at your photos always full of memories.

Have a beauty filled day my friend. xxx

Cindy said...

I love the blast from the past, I have always loved white too. I bought my white couch nearly ten years ago and I still love it. I love your reds and greens, they are so beautiful and your Christmas decor is lovely, too. I used to do maroon and blue back in those days.
Hugs, cindy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Ana, those are my favorite colors, too. Mostly the red and green though and some white.

Leslie said...

I love it. I wish I could decorate with white.. I am way to sloppy.
Have a great december.

Draffin Bears said...

Happy December to you dear Ana.
I loved seeing your Christmas decorations and your sofas and colours you have chosen and the blast from the past... what fun!

Enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Sarah said...

Ana, it's fun to see your family photos. Enjoy the season! ~ Sarah