Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Stop, Breathe and Craft

Is it just me or is time just flying by too fast? I can't believe we're only 10 days away from Christmas, yikes! Well, although there is still much to do in preparation for Christmas today I've decided to take a little break from all the hustle and bustle and work on a craft for our petite Christmas tree.

Its main colors have always been burgundy, gold and cream, but through the years I've added new ones like red, white and apple green plus other elements.

This year I've decided to add a print...leopard print. Is that crazy? But I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find anything. So what can I do? Well, I was over at my dear friend Cindy's blog, Oakview Cottage where the little bulb over my head went off. I read in one of her posts that she had been looking for a tutorial on how to make a star to top her little Christmas tree with and as luck may have it I just happen to know of one. Click here for the tutorial.

I've been wanting to make one for quite some time and as I was going over the tutorial again that's when it hit me.

A leopard print star! What do you think?

If you have any other ideas for leopard print ornaments I would love to hear about them.

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit today.


Hugs and Kisses,

17 comments:

Manoly said...

Hola Ana, vengo a desearte una feliz Navidad y un próspero año nuevo,deseo que el año que vien te traiga todo lo bueno que merces. El árbol está precioso, me encanta la decoración que le has hecho, aunque esa estrella de leopardo..........bueno, bueno, jajajaja habrá que atreverse con todo no?Muchos besos querida.
Manoly

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Ana,that tree is fabulous. You have done an excellent job on that.

rustandruffles said...

LOVE the star and the tree!
Happy day!
xojanis

Marydon said...

G'day Ana ~ Just darling ... love the beautiful tree & the punch the print gives to it.

Have a beautiful winter's eve ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Shelley said...

Your tree is beautiful...as is your home and blog too :)
Christmas blessings,Shelley

Cindy said...

Darling Ana,
Thank you so much for the tutorial! It is exactly what I have been looking for and to think that it was done with music sheets!!! I am going to make it and I do hope it turns out as nicely as your leopard star. It is gorgeous, my friend! Perfect for your petite tree.
You are a sweetie.
Love and hugs, Cindy

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana... oooh your tree is just gorgeous!... I love your little leopard print stars, too cute!... I also love how you decorate with little birdies everywhere, my favorite! Thank you so much for the beautiful card, and equally beautiful photo of you and your family... much love to you... xoxo Julie Marie

Heather said...

Hi Ana! The burgundy in your tree looks so pretty. I think that you may be starting a new trend with the leopard print! I haven't seen any leopard print ornaments, but perhaps you could do something with fabric or ribbon? I'm sure whatever you do will turn out fabulous, just like your star!

Brenda Kula said...

How about little leopard-print stocking ornaments? I think your tree is just so charming! Love the colors and the style.
Brenda

Shirley said...

Hi Ana, I love your Christmas tree and the star. You can have so much fun when you make things for your own tree. Have a great day. Your Missouri friend.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hello Ana, I love the leopard print on the tree...such a pretty tree too!

Foxglove Spires said...

Ana such a gorgeous tree and I think you leopard print star looks perfect. You have made a beautiful Christmas tree shine.

Have a wonderful and joyous day. xxx

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Ana,
Your tree is so pretty! and I love the leopard star. Its fun to change things up a bit every year.
Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family and Gods blessings in the New Year.
Hugs,Elizabeth

GWENDOLYN KAY said...

Hello Ana,
Your tree is just gorgeous! I love the birds at the top. The leopard star is pretty and fun.
Blessings~
Gwenny

Marianne Robinson said...

Ana
Your tree is fabulous! I love the doves at the top. I love the leopard print star.
Merry Christmas

elmundodetrapito said...

hola amiga como estas veo que ocupadisima con todos los detalles navideños mil gracias por tu saludo de navidad , que cosas mas bonitas estas preparando para tu arbol tienecositas muy especiales no se si la tiene colgale una llave vieja es para que el año entrante sea muy productivo al nivel hogar te dejo mi deseo de semana muy linda semana moni

Linda said...

Your Christmas Decor is beautiful and your photos of them are very nice!