Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Big Eyed Girls

Today I woke up in a very nostalgic mood. As I was thinking back, way back when I was a little girl, I thought about these three portraits of "big-eyed girls" (as we use to refer to them) my mom us to have. I remember one was dressed as a harlequin, the other a ballerina and the third, well I'm not sure what her costume was but I do remember she was holding an instrument. I often think about these portraits and how my two sisters and I use to pretend the girls were us. Of course we always fought about who was who...we all wanted to be the ballerina. :-) I wonder what ever happen to them?

As I was thinking back on these portraits and about happy memories of my childhood I couldn't help but feel a little sad too. To think I would never see them again just broke my heart.... But wait! Maybe, just maybe if I looked on the internet I might find them. Oh to be able to see them again...But I don't even know the artist's name...Hmmmm, what can I do?

I wondered what would happen if I Googled "big eyed girls paintings."

And this is what came up...I can't believe I found a picture of them.

They are exactly as I remembered them...

So many wonderful memories...

Gotta love the internet...Hmmmm, I wonder what else I can find?



Wishing everyone a fantabulous day.




Hugs and Kisses,

14 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oh Ana, how wonderful you were able to find them on the internet!... perhaps you can make your own mini version of them to frame... they are adorable!... I will keep my eyes open for those when I am at estate sales and yard sales... xoxo Julie Marie

Char said...

I know what you mean about the internet... I get lost on tangent after tangent when I'm left to my nostalgia and the keyboard. Doesn't it bring back such vivid memories when you see something that you haven't seen in such a long time?
Have a great day!

elmundodetrapito said...

hola amiga que suerte tus recuerdos se realizaron un sueño cumplido estan preciosas gracias ana por contartar tus nostalgias ´que mañana sea mejor que hoy moni

Shabbygal said...

I 'am often amazed at what you can find on the internet! That is great you found those paintings that bring such fond memories to you! Traci

Gina said...

I remember these...my sisters & I had them too! Oh my goodness, thanks for taking me back to memories from my sweet childhood.

Sea Witch said...

Hello Ana: I remember these big eyed girls of my youth. My best girlfriend had a pair in her bedroom too. Wishing you all the best to those you love. Sea Witch

Judy said...

Ah, memories. I know just what you mean! When I was young, my older (13 years older) sister bought a set of the four Tissue Girls prints--I think they were featured on Northern toilet tissue packages--for us four little sisters. I was so thrilled when I found them all on line. I still have mine--it is the pink one. I bet if you google "tissue girls" you will find them. Thanks for taking me back to a sweet and simple time.

Terri said...

I do believe we had these or an earlier version in our home too! Wow, that brings back memories!
Hugs,
Terri

Elyse said...

hi ana,

it's amazing what a google search can find!

i remember these, too. how fun!

xo
elyse

Marydon said...

I so remember these darlings, Ana. Good for you, bringing your memories to life ... aren't memories so fun to relive?

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Ana honey boy have I missed coming by your wonderful site.
I have a lot of catching up to do while I am here.
It is wonderful what we can find here on this internet and I love how you found these
Hope you are doing well
Love
Maggie

Passionate for White said...

Oh yes, I had those as well... and I think there were a couple that also had a little puppy in there as well! Thanks for the trip down memory lane...

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Warm greetings dear Ana
ahhhh!! I remember them also! Wonderful paintings yes?
You are such a dear to come visit Bebe..
Thank you soooo much! I hope you will be able to follow along this summer when she takes off.
I am well, thank you dear friend.. I hope all is well with you.
Blessings,
Penny

Vintage Pretty said...

O my, you just made my day!!
I grew up with those on my walls, what a great
find~ Enjoy and thank you for sharing

Kat