Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Remember...

Happy March Everyone!

In a few days I'll be celebrating another birthday which means I've been thinking a lot lately about my age and getting older. I thought it would be fun to share a list I put together of things I remember from my past, things that might just give you a little hint on how old I am...Hee, hee, hee! Hope you enjoy.


I remember...


...when milk was still delivered in glass bottles by the milkman.


...when a 25 cent allowance went a long, long ways.

...when summer vacation seemed to last forever and Christmas seemed to take forever to come.

...when playing in the streets was still safe.

...when Cracker Jacks had a real "toy prize" inside.

...Saturday morning cartoons.

...Pop Rocks.

...candy cigarettes.

...when a jumbo coloring book was a jumbo coloring book.

...rotary phones


...televisions with no remote controls. (Arrgg, how did we survive?)

...playing in the sprinkler on a hot summer day...and it being the best fun ever.

...awesome shows like "Leave it to Beaver", "I Love Lucy" and "The Munsters".

...laundry services for cloth diapers. (That's right, I said cloth diapers)

LP's and 45's (I still own a few)

...8 tracks.

...drive ins

....Ahhh, those were the days :-)



Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

~Mark Twain







Hugs and Kisses,

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Hello sweet Ana,
Mark Twain knew what he was talking about. I don't mind, so it just doesn't matter. I knew there was something special about you! You are a March baby! Well, so am I, so we can be special together! It's amusing when you think of what we did not have when we were children, compared to what is available today, even common today. I was born in the '50's and I grew up without electricity and telephones! We did not have those things until we moved to Canada from the USA. We had lived in the back woods of Washington state until then.
Big hugs to you my friend, Cindy

Rosetta said...

Cara Ana,io ricordo il latte nelle bottiglie di vetro,il telefono,il disco,hai ragione bei tempi;siamo state fortunate a poter vivere quel periodo,comunque:BUON-COMPLEANNO!Rosetta

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello sweet Ana... I too remember all of those things, as if it were yesterday... some days, I want to go back to those times so much!... everything was so much simpler then... I hope you have the happiest of birthdays and that all of your birthday wishes come true!... LOVE the quote by Mark Twain!... xoxo Julie Marie

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Ana. I, too, remember all these things, but you don't look old enough. Hope you have fun things planned. ~ Sarah

Gina said...

This is such a sweet post. I've got a feeling we may be very close in age. I remember so much of what you mentioned.

Happy, happy birthday...I hope it's your best one yet!

Vintage Gal said...

Ana ~ I remember all of those things ~ quite fondly ~ I might add ;-)

Heather said...

Great post! Very fun...I remember some of those things as well.

Shirley said...

Hi Ana, I haven't beem to visit you for a while. I can remember those things as a matter a fact I still have my blue princess telephone that we got when we got married.Plus a couple of rotary phones that work. Those were the good old days. Thanks for sharing and have a happy birthday. Your Missouri Friend

Crocheteando said...

Querida Ana,
Felicidades por tu cumpleaños! yo también cumplo en marzo y la verdad es que a mi cumplir años me pone triste!!! pero no cumplirlos es peor.
Que tengas muuuuchos regalos!!
Besos

Passionate for White said...

Happy Birthday Ana! Thanks for sharing your memories which are part of mine as well!

Paper Paradise said...

mmmmm, I remember them ALL, very well. Great to be reminded of them. Sue x

texasdaisey said...

Oh yeah! I remember all those things too! I won't betray your age though. LOL. Hope you have a very happy birthday and May God bless you with abundance in every need, and new understanding of His love for you and just how much you really do matter. Blessings to you!
Debbie

Jann said...

Isn't this the truth? I loved all these thing, too. I hope your birthday is wonderful!