Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bye, Bye Cowboy Boots...


At least for a while...

Those of you who have followed me for a while know how much I love cowboy boots...I even wore them for my wedding...Click here if you'd like to see.

But recently one of my calves has decided to swell up making it very uncomfortable to wear them. I've been meaning to call my doctor about it, but just hadn't made the time...Until yesterday morning...

My calf plus now my ankle too had become sooo swollen, much more than before, I thought it might be time to give my doctor a call. Well to make a long story short, hubby and I ended up at the emergency room, per doctor's orders...His concern was that it my be DVT or deep vein thrombosis, better known as blood clots....Yikes! But don't worry, fortunately, after an ultrasound and three long hours of waiting the ER doctor determined there were no clots...Whew!!!!

However, my calf is still swollen, and the doctor doesn't seem to know why. He wants me to keep an eye on it and check back with my regular doctor. He also wants me to take it easy and try to stay off my feet and keep my leg elevated as much as possible....What?! But I have so many projects I want to work on..."Doctor's orders" Hubby keeps reminding me...Arggg! Well at least I can still blog.

Thank you for your visit today. I always look forward to you stopping by. It always, always, always brightens up my day.






Hugs and Kisses,


10 comments:

Suzann said...

Oh Ana take care of yourself!!!
Please keep us updated
Suzann ~xoxo~

d e l i g h t said...

Hi Ana, I'm so sorry to hear this! Please be careful! I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Linda

Marydon said...

Hang on to those beauties, Ana, you may be able to use them again shortly. Glad that it was blood clots, I've had them in my arm & they are NASTY!

Take good care, sweetie.
TTFN ~
Have a beautiful weekend ~
Marydon

Passionate for White said...

Please take care of yourself and do as the doctor tells you...your projects can wait and so can we

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oh dear Ana, I am so happy it was not blood clots... do take care and listen to your hubby and the doctor... sending lots of love to you and hoping you feel better real soon!... xoxo Julie Marie PS I so remember your gorgeous white cowgirl boots with your wedding gown!

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

but you are spectacle of a woman! marriage to cowboy boots. you were beautiful:)
hope it's nothing, fingers crossed for a swift recovery. In the meantime you can wear cowboy slippers. ;P a hug, dear friend

Willow said...

Yes I agree with Everyone else, just take it easy for the next few days and see how things go. Take this time to read, do crafts where you can just sit and by all means RELAX.

Jacque said...

Oh me Ana, do take care of yourself! I want to see you back in your boots again soon!

Have a great weekend.

Gina said...

Oh my goodness Ana! Thank God there were no blood clots! I worried so much the minute I read of the doctor's concern, but was relieved to read otherwise.
You need to listen to the doctor & your hubby! After all, they know best, right? You keep your feet up & relax. All the projects will still be there when you're feeling better & then you can wow us with everything you've created. Please take good care of yourself my sweet friend and I hope you are better in no time.

Sending you big hugs for a speedy recovery...

Heather said...

I'm glad that you didn't ignore it...that was so smart of you to check with the doctor. Also glad to hear that they did not find anything serious. Take care...I'd rather hear that you're doing well instead of seeing a project!!