Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Mom The Artist

I am very proud of my mom...Not only is she a wonderful mom, an expert seamstress, an awesome cook, a self-taught jewelry maker, but recently I discovered she's a very talented artist as well. I had often heard her say that she wished she could learn how to paint and I would always say, "Then why don't you?" So about a year and a half ago she took some classes and....

Beautiful hand-painted birdhouse apron made especially for moi.

Beautiful hand-painted throw pillow she made me as a gift for my birthday this year.

Mary is one very multi-talented lady and I am so proud and honored to call her my mom.


Thank you for stopping by today...Hope you come back soon, next time I'll be sharing about the newest project I'm working on. See you then.


Have a wonderful day everyone.




Hugs and Kisses,

10 comments:

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Your mom is a very talented lady... apparently it runs in the family!! blessings ~ tanna

Ido said...

Your mom sure is a very talented artist, tell her I'm so proud of her, painting is hard, I tell you because I paint and is not easy, she did a wonderful job with that apron and pillow, love her work!
Have a wonderful day!
XXXX Ido

Sherrie said...

What a talented artist your mom is!

Petite Michelle Louise said...

very talented indeed! i now see where you get YOUR talent! :)

rustandruffles said...

Hi Ana,
So very pretty.....hats off to your amazing mom!
xojanis

Vintage Gal said...

Oh Ana ~ your mom is sooo talented. These are just wonderful and would make anyone smile ;-)

Gina said...

I'm not at all surprised that your mom is a talented artist Ana. You must get all of your talent from her! The apron & pillow are lovely and I find the whole story of your mom wanting to paint & actually taking classes & doing it to be very inspiring.

Have a great day, my friend!

Gina said...

I'm not at all surprised that your Mom is so talented. You obviously get your talent from her! The apronn & pillow are lovely and I find the story of how your Mom wanted to paint and actually took classes & did it to be very inspiring.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

Cindy said...

Hello my sweet friend,
Gorgeous! Your mom is indeed very talented. I'm glad she listened to you and began to take lessons, it's good for us to learn new things as we get older.
Hugs, Cindy

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

Fortunately, she began painting! were small masterpieces ever made​​ :( never brought to light. no memories and no color.