Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Petite Kitchen: Before And After

Yesterday I dropped by for a visit over at Jeanne's blog Bees Knees Bungalow, a truly inspiring blog. Jeanne has a fun, very creative and beautiful decorating style that I just love...you should see her bathroom. Anyway, she was sharing some Before and After pictures of her gorgeous kitchen (click here to see, but please hurry back, you won't want to miss mine). I love B & A pictures especially of kitchens...Well since I don't think I've ever share pictures of our petite kitchen remodel from a few years back I thought it would be fun to share some now.

**Just run your mouse over the next three pictures for the...Yay... after picture**


You see that very lovely shade of hunter green on the cabinets?... Yes, I picked it...I thought it would be better than the original dark brown color they were...But I guess regardless of what I think of it now...It doesn't change the fact that I loved it back then :-)


This side of the kitchen had nothing...no cabinets and no counter space. What do you think of the original floor? Nice huh? I couldn't wait to get rid of it...Since hubby and I did all the demo, every time I pulled a tile up it was pure joy...Hee, hee, hee.


As you can see it is a very petite kitchen, but I love, love, love how it looks now. See the lovely new wood floor in the after pictures? We had it match the rest of our cottage for a more uniform flow.
My beautiful O'Keefe and Merritt stove...If you like to read the story behind my stove just click here.

Love my apron, farmhouse sink.
Chandie Bling, Bling...A must in every room...Can you believe we only paid $60 for each unfinished wood corbel? If we would have bought them through the company we purchased the cabinets from, they would have cost us $200 each! And they were no where near and pretty as these.
So there you have it our petite kitchen...Before and After.
Hope you enjoyed your visit.

**Oh! But before you go...What did you think about the fun image "mouseover" trick? I first read about it over at Angeline's blog, Country Kingdom, who read about it over at Layla's blog, The Lettered Cottage. Click here to learn more.**


Have a fantabulous day everyone!


Hugs and Kisses,

22 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Such a beautiful B&A...love your stove, lighting and subway tile!

Rondell

Jacque said...

Great re-models Ana!

Victoria said...

Woooow Ana, your new kitchen is gorgeous!!! I love every little detail of it! And we all had Hunter Green back in the 90's didn't we? It was all the rage then!

How did you do that with the photo's so it showed the before/after like that? I've never seen that before...very cool!

Jeanne said...

Ana! Thanks for mentioning BKB. Totally fab.
LOVE your kitchen redo..LOVE! The stove...fab of course!! hat's off, great job!
xo jeanne.
http://www.beeskneesbungalow.blogspot.com/

Angeline said...

YOur kitchen is gorgeous! I love the window covering - the counters, the cabinets - and you are so smart to change up the floor plan- love the mouseover trick - really awesome!

Ido said...

Wow Ana, I'm speechless! Love the stove, you have a dream kitchen, you guys did a FANTASTIC! job. The mouseover trick is very cool, thanks for sharing!
XXXX Ido

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Ana, your kitchen is sooo dreamy!... I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me as the photos changed... what a fun idea!... your green was pretty too, but I am totally in love with your new kitchen look... your stove is fabulous!... Good job!... xoxo Julie Marie

Sandi said...

What a nice kitchen!! Love the floor, cupboards, corbels and that SINK!!!! I would love to have an apron sink someday!!
Blessings~

rustandruffles said...

Oh Ana...your kitchen is absolutely to die for. I love it! I have green cabinets and have been dying to paint them!!!!
xojanis

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my gosh..........simply stunning.. LOVE it. And that stove? Can you send it to me? I could really use it. Well, maybe if I cooked? You've done an awesome job....it just couldn't be prettier.

Huggies,
Spencer

essemia said...

Your kitchen really looks lovely now. Just love the creamy color you've chosen. And when you look at it before (and the floor!!) you realize a bit of color does a lot to a room, lol.
Hope you have a nice day.
Love Elzie

Passionate for White said...

My eyes were immediately drawn to your stove...oh THAT stove! I was so happy when you posted the link to the background on it. And the corbels...I'm defintely going to scout some out for my counter.

AngiLovesBlue said...

Hi Ana,
before, it was nice (this green colour ist so nice) and after, wowwowwow! So a lovely kitchen.

Habe a nice evening
Angi

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Ana,
Oh my goodness, I love your kitchen..and that stove is to die for!Everything is so perfect and its just my style too. I have always loved a white or creamy white kitchen.
I had it once in a home that Gary and I had remolded the kitchen in. I was able to choose all my favorite things it was so much fun. But since then all the kitchens I've had have been ok, not really needing to many new things. The kitchen I have now the cabinets were new and custom made for the house, but they are dark oak and its not my favorite. I thought about having them painted. But we might sale the house for a smaller one so we can retire early.
I also love your beamed ceiling another one of favorite things. You guys did a great job on your kitchen!
I saw the how to also on over-lapping photo's I haven't tried it yet..I was kinda chicken..LOL
Are you feeling any better and are you resting? I hope so...
Have a sweet day and really big hugs,
Elizabeth

Leslie said...

ana, I LOVE IT!!!! It looks amazing. You are never gonna want to leave the kitchen!!!

Willow said...

It is absolutely beautiful. You all did such a great job. I am hoping in a few years we can do our kitchen. It will be a job since the walls and cabinets are all knotty pine and we will be keeping them all.

Cindy said...

Hello dear Ana,
Your kitchen is beautiful!!! I love the stove, chandies, sink and faucet, counter tops, and floor, well all of it. You and your husband did an amazing job of remodeling it. It is beautiful!!!
Hugs, Cindy

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

That is a seriously beautiful kitchen remodel!! Great job! blessings ~ tanna

~ Lisa ~ said...

Hi Ana, I love, love, love your petite little kitchen. It's so quaint and inviting. I love coming to visit after I been gone a while to see what you've posted. I don't have any time any more since I went back to work to post on my own blog. I miss it. Thanks for sharing and leaving us something beautiful to look at. ♥

~ Lisa from Indiana ~

The Tablescaper said...

Ana:

You did an amazing job!

- The Tablescaper

Lanell said...

This might be one of my all time favorite kitchen redos. Really, I love it. You don't have to have a huge kitchen to be functional or beautiful. Yours is truly amazing. I just about fell out of my chair when looking at the stove. AWESOME!

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog today and said hello so that I could come over to your blog and see how lovely it is. I adore your kitchen...especially the stove. I have wanted a vintage stove forever....

I saw a stove similar to your's on Craigslist back in the fall and it was such a good price that I so wanted to go get it....but no place to store it till a remodel and no way to get it to my house. But one day....I will have one I hope. I just adore your's. Everything on your blog is so pretty. I'm your newest follower and have added you to my blog roll.