The chair was in pretty good condition, but in dire need of a makeover... That blue velvet just didn't quite go with my decor :-)...So here is what I did with it.
First I took the seat off and reupholstered it and then I gave the chair a couple coats of a cream colored paint.
After the paint was dry I grabbed my trusty Valspar Antiquing Glaze...
With an old bristle brush I brush on a fair amount of glaze one section at a time...
Making sure I put a little extra in any seams, carvings, dings and dents.
Then with a slightly damp cloth I wipe off the excess.
Transforming an area from this....
Once the glaze was completely dry I put my newly upholstered seat back on.
But it wasn't quite done yet...I also stitched up a pretty little seat cover to dress it up a bit more.
Here's a close up of the pretty little pleated ruffle.
And the cute little tie in the back...
One man's junk was definitely another woman's treasure... I love it! :-)
Hugs and Kisses,