Friday, September 9, 2011

Small, Easy And Quick Project

I've been itchin' to work on a project, but it's been too hot, hotter than it's been all summer, to do much of anything. Worse part about it is that our petite cottage has no centralize air...Eeek, I know! But we do have several fans working overtime and we're not the only ones. I guess we all have been running our air conditioners and fans so much that we must have blown something. Yesterday, a big part of California along with parts of Baja California and Arizona had a blackout that lasted almost 8 hours... Eeek, I know! We've gotten our electricity back here already, but not sure if other parts that were affect have theirs yet.

Anyway, just before the blackout I was able to bare the heat long enough to work on this small, easy and quick project...just to calm that itchin' a bit...Hee, hee, hee.

Inspired by this graphic I designed for my blog a long, long time ago I came up with this...



I used a cutout version of the graphic (Bird silhouette, seen above) as a stencil.



Then I filled in the design with some black acrylic paint. Pretty easy huh? There are probably other methods you can use to accomplish this same look, this is the one I decided to use because I already had the cutout of the silhouette.


After the paint was completely dry I ironed it to set it in and then sewed my little heart away to make this cute little pillow. What do you think?


Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.
Here's hoping for no more blackouts...:-)



Hugs and Kisses,

12 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

OOh Ana, I love your little birdie pillow!... it looks just adorable there, you are so creative!... wishing you a beautiful day, xoxo Julie Marie

d e l i g h t said...

I think it's darling and love the black and white against the other colors. Sorry about the heat and no air conditioner! It's still really hot here in Arizona. Can't wait for cooler weather!!!
Have a wonderful weekend.

AngiLovesBlue said...

Hi Ana,
wish you a nice weekend too. The weather here is not nice but tomorrow it would be sunny.
So a nice birdie pillow!
Angi

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Such a sweet pillow Ana! You are so creative in everything you do, always enjoy stopping by!

Leslie said...

Beautiful!!!!
Glad that the lights are back! : )

Have a great weekend.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

I love the bird silhouette!!! Simple and stylish! Hope your electricity stays on. blessings ~ tanna

Heather said...

What a cute pillow! I always adore silhouettes.

After the last couple of days, isn't this cooler weather just wonderful? Perhaps now I can get something done! Hope that you are having a fantastic weekend! :)

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

I think it's really pretty:) and I really like how he is with the other pillows on that beautiful bench. you kept your house in every detail. is a dollhouse. adorable. I heard the news of the news blackout, I was sorry. I had the same technical Fastweb home and I could not use the computer for news. He told me that I would have stayed a few days without internet. when he left I disassembled everything and put it back Vodafone. when it's all ok with Fastweb will put their modems, P. I can not live without the Internet. kisses kisses my creative friend:)

Ido said...

Hi Ana, sorry about the black out and your a/c gone bad, may be a soak in the beach could help with the heat? :) I love that pillow, and the silhouette, I have made pillows with images of birds and have sold immediately, I guess lots of people love birds.
Wishing you a great not so hot day!
XXX Ido

Sea Witch said...

Ana, this is lovely. There is nothing more delightful than birds. I never tire of seeing them on textiles, pottery, or jewelry. Have a lovely week.

Gwendolyn said...

Your pillow is gorgeous!! I love the bird motife.
Blessings and hugs~

Dawn said...

Your pillow is lovely Ana. It's so sweet that your blog logo symbolizes your family.

Saw the blackout on the news. What a mess!