Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Le Swap Meet

Can you believe there are no "Flea Markets" close to where I live? Arggg! I know! All the good ones are further up north and just a bit too far to get to as often as I would like :-( However we do have plenty of "Swap Meets".

Some may argue that they are technically the same thing. However, the swap meets here are nothing like the flea markets up north. The swap meets here have much more of the newer stuff and less of the shabby chic, vintagey stuff that I love so much. Which I guess is why I haven't been to one in a long, long time...Until a couple of weekends ago.

Our daughter had been wanting to go to one for a while now and ask if we would go, so we decided to make a day out of it...And boy am I happy we did. This is what I found...


This little cutie was spotted my by hubby...He knows me oh so well...Love the birdies...Only $3.00.

Then I spotted this...

Cute little garden flag with birdies on it...Yay! Only $1.00. It was brand new, still in the package.


And then we came across a vendor that was selling all her jewelry at 50 cents a piece.

Can you believe this gorgeous rhinestone bow brooch was only 50 cents?

And I couldn't resist this beautiful cuff bracelet...It had a je ne sais quoi about it. I Love it! And then of course I found my beautiful Dia de los Muertos calavera from my previous post there too...

Needless to say I am totally reconsidering Le Swap Meets now. Can't wait to go again.



Thank you for stopping by for a visit today.
I always enjoy your company and sweet comments.

Wishing you all a beautiful fall day.



Hugs and Kisses,

21 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful finds Ana!!!

Love the cuff bracelet.

Hope you and the family are doing well. Lots of love to you

xoxo
Kate

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Lovely finds, Ana!

Willow said...

It looks like you found some wonderful and beautiful deals.

CAS said...

You really found some great stuff. We recently moved from a small town that prided itself on Swap Meets, but there was never anything worth while. We haven't been to one in our new location, but have been to several Antique Malls and they were great.

Thanks for visiting my blog and following. I'm now following you as well. I just love making new friends!
:) CAS

Gina said...

I don't have any flea markets nearby me either, so I understand. However, your swap meet looks to be a suitable substitute. You found some great items. I adore the cuff bracelet & the brooch!

Shabbygal said...

You found some really cool and cheap finds! We don't really have flea markets around here either! :(
Great finds! Traci

poppilinnstudios said...

Hi Ana,
What wonderful finds! I love the rhinestone brooch-only 50 cents! Beautiful!
Have a great week.
-Lynn

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Ana... what wonderful treasures you found!... love that rhinestone jewelry and your birdies are just adorable... that cuff is just stunning!... wish I was there to go to the next one with you!... xoxo Julie Marie

Sea Witch said...

Hello Ana...such pretty little things you came across. Love the cuff. Blessings to you and those you love. Sea witch

Cindy said...

WoW!!! I guess you are rethinking them. You found some lovely accoutrements! I don't think there is even a swap meet in my city, not that I have found anyways...so you are a lucky duck in more ways then one! =)
Love and hugs, Cindy

jeanetteann said...

OOOOOh,are they soooo gorgeous,lucky you. Love them all. xx

Jacqui said...

Love the cuff bracelet!!

A Cottage Muse said...

OMGosh Ana...I love that cuff bracelet!

Red Rose Alley said...

I love the cuff bracelet. For some reason, I have always preferred bracelets over necklaces. That one is so unique.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

d e l i g h t said...

Hi Ana, you were one lucky girl!! I have to travel an hour and a half to get to a good shop or flea market so understand your feelings. It's so worth it when you do find something as special as your items!! Have a great weekend! Linda

Karen said...

Wow Ana, I cant believe those great deals on such beautiful things,you did great! I love your Halloween decor too. I especially like the Calavera.

Marie said...

Hello Ana - it doesn't matter whether you found them at le swap meet or the flea market...they are all gorgeous finds! Love the cuff bracelet for sure. Thanks for visiting me. I am your newest follower too!
-Marie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What beautiful things and the cuff bracelet really looks nice on you! Enjoy all these lovelies! ♥

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

And, the hunt for these treasures is half the fun!! Le Swap meet indeed! Beautiful finds, Ana. blessings ~ Tanna

Susan said...

Wow - I love your bargains! I've never heard of a swap meet :)

Hope Filled Living said...

Ana, I love the cuff bracelet! So pretty!!! I would also love it if you would be a guest blogger on my blog in November to share your favorite holiday traditions with my readers!
Hugs,
Mary