Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Most Treasured Ornament 2011

Hello Everyone!

I do hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We spent ours surrounded by family, laughter, good food, (way too much good food...Hee, hee, hee) happiness and tons of love. Today, however, I was feeling a little sad because it all had come and gone way too fast. But as I thought back on Christmas and the rest of this year it made me start thinking of the new year and imagining what new adventures it would bring. Well that just cheered me right up and got me so very excited with anticipation.

This last year my family and I had our share of awesome adventures and there are two in particular that we felt were worthy of commemorating in our yearly Most Treasured Ornament. So if you don't mind, I would love to share what they are with you...


This first adventure was learning how to drive for our 16 year-old daughter and learning how to stay calm and relaxed for hubby and me when she's behind the wheel... I'm almost positive I get two or three more grey hairs every time we take her out to drive...Hee, hee, hee. She passed her permit test on the very first try...unlike me...Yikes! did I just admit to that? She is doing very well and soon will be taking her actual behind the wheel test...Wish her luck.

I just had to take a picture of the first time she got behind the wheel and drove. Am I the only one that has done this? :-)

Our second adventure was a trip to the museum..."Museum?" You may ask. Well sure we've been to museums before but this exhibition was special. It was from Señor Juan Antonio Pérez Simón's very private collection of Spanish Masters, called From El Greco to Dali...And our very own San Diego Museum of Art was the only museum in the entire United States that was fortunate enough to be able to exhibit these wonderful masterpieces. The collection travel from Paris to Quebec City and on its way home to Mexico City it stopped in San Diego. How awesome is that? Anyway, we have always been huge art lovers and to be able to see such a wonderful collection was absolutely amazing...But that was not the best part. My daughter and I are huge, huge, huge, Salvador Dali fans and to be able to see up close and personal some of his pieces was just beyond words.

This is a super miniature copy of the original Dali piece titled Ascension of Christ and was one of the pieces we saw.

Here are a couple more pics of our Most Treasured Ornament from different angles...



Phew! This was a long post. Hope I didn't bore you :-) Thank you for your visit and do hope you enjoyed this year's Most Treasured Ornament and the stories behind it.
Wishing you a wonderful day.


(If you haven't heard the story of how these ornaments came to be and would like read it you can just click here. To see some of the other ornaments you can click here, here, here and here.)




Hugs and Kisses,

12 comments:

Jacque said...

Hello Ana,

I really do enjoy seeing your Most Treasured Ornaments of the year! You sure put alot of thought and work into them and some day, I'm sure they in the future they will also become treasured heirlooms!

Like you, I can't beleive that Christmas 2011 has come and gone! I've always heard that time passes off faster as you get older--guess that's true!

Blessings...

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

hooray! I see now the ornament 2011! Your daughter is always nicer. but tell me when she's at the wheel another way I do:) Just kidding! There is a little 'cheetah in this ornament. I like it! My sweet friend a hug.

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Ana... I had been wondering if you were doing a most treasured ornament this year... I remember all of your others... these are beautiful!... how fun your daughter now has her permit... wow, seems like just yesterday I got mine and it was soooo long ago... xoxo Julie Marie

Gina said...

I always look forward to seeing your yearly most treasured ornament! You never disappoint, that's for sure. This is something I wish I had started when my children were little.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Ana, I know how you feel. I took my daughters and son around when they were learning how to drive, and it was one of the hardest things for me and my husband to do. We want our kids to be safe so very much. I hope your daughter does good on the test. May the New Year bring you much joy.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Kerri said...

That is a beautiful ornament and an awesome idea! I love stopping by your blog to see what interesting things you've got going on... Your ideas are the best :)

I have family visiting this week and enjoying time well spent.

Hugs to you my sweet friend!

Kerri

A Cottage Muse said...

Oh Ana...this is a wonderful idea!
Off to check out years past...

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Your Most Treasured Ornaments are a perfect way to make a time capsule of the year's favorite moments!! Love. love. love the one of your daughter learning to drive! Oh, the memories! My daughter is 34... so it has been awhile, but I still remember! ;) BEAUTIFUL job on preserving those special times of 2011. blessings ~ tanna

T's Daily Treasures said...

Your 2011 ornament is great. My son is 16 but kids aren't allowed to drive here until they are 18 and there is no drivers education. :/ If we head to the states this coming summer, I am hoping I can enroll him in some summer program. I definitely want him to learn the rules of the road and respect. Wishing you a great rest of the week and blessings for the new year. Tammy

Janet said...

I really love your treaured ornament idea! What a great way to remember special events! My daughter got her license this past year and it was very challenging to drive around with her! I'm happy to say that now she is a very good driver!
Blessings,
Janet

LizlovesVintage said...

That was so special Ana! I must be a bad Mom!! I never took pics of my kids first driving experiences. Oh, well. That was a good idea. I just never thought of it back then.
Good luck to her :)
Thanks for sharing these perfect treasures with us.
Happy New Year 2012!
xxx Liz

Cindy said...

You are so smart to make these beautiful ornaments to commemorate your adventures each year. I love the one of your daughter driving! 16, wow, she's growing up fast!
Congrats on her driving, by the way, I got your email, but I was on my way out and did not write back, I'm so sorry! But congratulations to the new driver and to mom and dad for having the patience and tenacity to help her learn to be a good driver.
Love and hugs, Cindy