Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Santos Dolls

A while back, while surfing the net, I came across these beautiful dolls that I fell head over heels for. They are called Santos Cage Dolls.

They are reproductions of Santos (which means saints in Spanish) that were used as in-home alters a long, long time ago. They have a pretty interesting history...If you'd like to read more just click here.

They are kind of pricey but a few weeks ago I just happen to find them on the Tuesday Morning website for a great price.

I just had to have one. So I did that fluttering eyelash thing to hubby, which he can never resist, and he said yes...Yay! And I guess he must have liked them too because he said I should get the two Tuesday Morning had for sale...Yay again...He is definitely a keeper. Hee, hee, hee.

Aren't they absolutely beautiful? I have also seen several around Blogland all dressed up. I can't wait to dress mine up too. I have already started by putting crowns on them. (The gold colored crown was a gift from my mom and dad from their trip to Mexico.)

Thank you for stopping by for a visit today.
Hope your are having an awesome week.



Hugs and Kisses,

18 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

They are beautiful Ana and what a sweet hubby to let you purchase both.

Danielle

Crocheteando said...

Que bonitas muñecas, y muy originales! Nunca las había visto.
Me encantan. Tendré que navegar un poco por la Red, a ver si veo algunas.
Besos

Susan said...

They are both beautiful, Ana!

LizlovesVintage said...

Yay!!! He sure is a keeper!! I can't wait to see how you decorate them.
xxx Liz

Deb said...

I love them too!
The crown is beautiful ♥

Julie Marie said...

Those are so pretty Ana... I love Santos... my sister has a little niche in her home with some and I have always wanted one... I may have to make a run to our Tuesday Morning store up north of me... how sweet your hubby bought you two!... and the crowns look just beautiful!... plus I love them with your collection of crosses, and also love the religious meaning behind them... xoxo Julie Marie

Gina said...

Oh Ana, they're beautiful! I've told you before...you have a great hubby.

Kerri said...

Oh Ana, I am so looking forward to seeing how you decorate the dolls, and YES your hubby is a keeper!

Have a nice week!

xoxo
Kerri

Irma@CosasBellas said...

OMGosh Ana, first of all tell Brianna that I'm sorry that I spaced on her B-day and that I love her. Oh, and that she looks gorgeous in the picture!
Your santos are beautiful! I wish I would have known, I've always wanted one but they are so expensive. Hey, do you think if I bat MY eyelashes at my tia she might bring ME back one of those crowns? LOL!

Talk to you soon,
Irma

debbie's mini thoughts and creations said...

these are lovely, I had never seen them before but now I have want one x

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Ana, how much fun to play with! I love the Santos dolls, too. I have not seen many around here, but I have seen some in high end catalogs and blogs. Your is fantastic! Great find.

Cindy said...

Those little Santos dolls are very popular right now, I have seen them a lot. They are really pretty, I'm sure they look lovely in your beautiful house.
Hugs, Cindy

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Ana, I love your Santos dolls, especially the second one with the crown...she's beautiful. I've never seen them before. We used to have a Tuesday Morning right by my house that I went to all the time, but they changed locations. Do you know that I am very interested in the Saints, and I have a few beloved ones that are close to my heart? You should decorate your Santos Doll for Valentine's Day. hehe
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Susan said...

These are wonderful Santos dolls Ana! You will have such a fun time dressing them up - I know I did with mine.
I'll have to take a look over at Tuesday Morning.
Yours look wonderful on display here.
- Susan

A Cottage Muse said...

So beautiful Ana!
The crown in lovely too!

Ido said...

Hi Ana, love your santos! how nice your husband is! We happen to have a Tuesday Morning close by, I think I'll pay them a visit. Have a wonderful day!
XXX Ido

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Ana,

Your dolls are beautiful and will look so lovely decorating your home.
Also love your sweet hearts and what a great idea, with the exchange.
Hope all is well and enjoy your new week.

Hugs
Carolyn

LA VIGENNA said...

Hello ANA, I look for a santos dolls new but I do not know on which Web site to find! Have you a good address(place)? Thank you in advance! Bravo for your very attractive blog, I like very much! See you soon ANNE