Monday, April 9, 2012

Sequoia

Hi Everyone!

We've been away on a little family road-trip this past week. We drove up north to...

Sequoia National Park...home of the world's largest tree. It was our first time there and we had so much fun...Thought I'd share a few pictures.

As you drive into the park from the south side, through Ash Mountain, this is one of the many beautiful sites you come across. It is Tunnel Rock... a very big "balancing" granite boulder. Underneath is a tunnel which was dug for the roadway back in 1938. The road now bypasses the tunnel but visitors can walk beneath it.

As we drove higher, higher, and higher into mountains we began to see more and more of the white stuff...SNOW!!!! Yay!



Our first day there we just had to visit General Sherman...Who is General Sherman you say?....Well, only the largest tree on earth...

The pictures really do not do it any justice. It is unreal how enormous this tree really is. Absolutely breathtaking.

Okay, I'm not going to bore you with a ton of more pictures, but just let me tell you that on our stay there we got to rock climb, site see, hike and even play in the snow.... Well, maybe just two more pictures...sorry :-)

Hubby and me atop of Moro Rock. Can you tell how scared we were? We were sooooo high up!

Our daughter making her very first snow angel. This is only the second time that we've experienced snow. We had so much fun.

Oh wait...Just one more picture...Promise it'll be the last.
I also got to visit my very first Hobby Lobby on this trip. It was in Visalia, a town about 20 minutes away from Sequoia. We don't have one here and since I've heard many of you sweet blogging friends talk about it, I just had to stop by...Yay! I love, love, loved it! Hee, hee, hee.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit...I've missed you all very much. Can't wait to come over for a visit. Hope everyone had a beautiful and blessed Easter.


Hugs and Kisses,









18 comments:

Willow said...

My Hubby and I have often talked about going on the same trip. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures with us.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

What fun!!! I haven't been to Sequoia Park since I was a little girl and thats a long, long time ago LOL.
I love the picture of you, so fun.
Have a restful week after your vacation, it seems to me like I always need a vacation from my vacation LOL
Big hugs, Elizabeth

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

impatiently waiting for this post :).
Mom nice trip! that places incredible! General Sherman is incredibly great! I swear I never thought there was a tree that big. My sweet friend, next time I hope you will be more generous with the photos. some beautiful places are too far away. if you don't describe them to me I can not know their existence!
I hope you've had a sweet Easter. a big hug my sweet explorer

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Lovely vacation photos. We don't have a Hobby Lobby either--I would have stopped there too!

Marydon said...

Love this trip, glad you enjoyed it also. So picturesque. Love you & hubby ... daughter made me pine for snow to angel-play one again.

Have a great week, Ana.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Art and Sand said...

I couldn't open the pictures so I will have to wait until I am on my home computer.
I had no idea that there was a Hobby Lobby in California. I have read the name in so many blogs. I will have to hunt for the closest one to me.

LizlovesVintage said...

Ana,
What great pictures. Who's that cute couple??? Ha, Ha. Really, that's your second experience with the white stuff? You guys must have been in heaven :)
I'm glad you had a great time.
Have a wonderful week!
xxx Liz

Heather said...

I remembering visiting Sequoia as a child. It is a beautiful place.

I am jealous that you got to visit a Hobby Lobby, as there are none here either? Is it better than Michaels?

Gina said...

It looks like you had such a wonderful time! Your daughter looks like she's having a blast making snow angels. (See, we just take the snow for granted around here! LOL) I can't believe the size of General Sherman! It even looks huge in the pictures, I can't imagine what it must have looked like in person.

Shelia said...

Hi Ana! What a great trip you all must have had! What an amazing place too. Yay! I'm sure you loved Hobby Lobby!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

I buy a lot of my art supplies from Hobby Lobby. I am glad y'all had such a nice road trip! Those trees are amazing!

xo,
RJ

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

I've never been to Sequoia National Park... looks like I'd better put it on my bucket list.

And, no, we don't have a Hobby Lobby here either. They are getting a little closer to me though, so hopefully someday I'll have one of my very own.

Blessings,
Spencer

Kt crea said...

Thank you for this wonderful photos.It's so different to France! All is gigantic. Here, when we compare, it's very small.
Have a good day.
Cathy

Jacque said...

Good Morning Ana!

Looks like you had a GREAT trip! It's strange hearing that you've only experienced snow TWICE and that is your FIRST Hobby Lobby!! Things that I take for granted and find commonplace. Oh well, I'm sure there are plenty of things in CA that I've never seen or done.

I would love to go to Sequoia--one day, I will! Happy to see the pics of such a wonderful family!

Thanks for sharing.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Ana! I have always wanted to see that tree, it's just amazing to think something has lived so long!
I've been to HL three times now and will be going again soon, I love it too so very neat!

Rondell

Susan said...

Ana - thanks for sharing your lovely pictures! I lived in Chicago for 17 years, so I'm happy if I never see snow again :)

Had to LOL at the Hobby Lobby picture - I have one about 2 miles from home - you can come and visit anytime!

Have a wonderful day!

Janet said...

What a cute photo of you and your husband! Hobby Lobby is opening up stores all over CA now! They just opened one in our town last week and I finally got to see what everyone has been talking about!
Blessings,
Janet

Irma@CosasBellas said...

What gorgeous pictures Ana, that must have been so much fun! I love the snow angel, she's beautiful!
There are 2 businesses I long to have in the West Coast, Steak-n-Shake and Hobby Lobby. Last year when I visited Abe and Blanca in Vegas I found the former, I hope the latter is soon to follow.

Besitos,
Irma