Thursday, May 17, 2012

One part inspiration...

One part creativity and...
Two parts copy cat...:-)

While blog hopping the other day, I came across these two beautiful pictures.

Below is a rosary by Rachel Ashwell own by Rachel Pallas from the beautiful blog Shabby French For Mehere.  Isn't it gorgeous?
And in the next picture is a beautiful strand of "good deed beads" that Rayanne from the lovely blog A Lovely Thought (here) made. She even shared the website that had a tutorial on how to make them and the sweet story behind them, here
I was so inspired by these two beautiful strands of  beads that the wheels in my head started turning...
I had all the supplies I needed already in my craft stash, so I thought I'd be creative and this is what I came up with...
I took the wood bead and cross inspiration from the rosary and...
made my own strand of "good deed beads" .
I loved how it turned out so much that I just had to make another one. This one, however, has a metal cross which I painted to make it look like old cast iron and I painted every other bead in a dark brown.
And they are both stranded together with jute rope.
 I just love, love, love how much wonderful inspiration is out there in Blogland.

A special thanks to Rachel and Rayanne.
Thanks girls for the inspiration and for letting me borrow your beautiful pictures.


Wishing you all a beautifully creative and inspiring day.


 Edited: Sharing this post over at Myric's, Petites Passions.
Won't you come and join the fun? Hope to see you there.
Hugs and Kisses,

17 comments:

Marydon said...

How absolutely beautiful ALL the rosary prayer beads are. I never thought about making a pink bead one ... may give it a try. I have G'ma Maggie's rosary in the former nursery & gave the other to our gr-kid-ling for her first communion. I had a gold tag monogrammed with her name & G'ma Maggie's name & then attached to the rosary.

TTFN ~
Have a beautiful day ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Rayanne said...

Wow! I am crazy about your good deed beads!! I love, love, love them! I so happy you found the love for these sweet beads...hope they travel through blog land!
Love you, sweetie!!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yours turned out beautifully. I love the mix of the light and dark wood. Have a great rest of the week. Tammy

nannykim said...

Thanks for giving us this idea and the links!

Karen said...

They are beautiful Ana, I love that wooden Rosary by Rachel Ashwell so much I was also inspired to do my own version. I'll be sharing it soon. It's so amazing how we all can be inspired by the same piece and come up with so many different variations. That's what makes blogging so much fun.

Jacqui said...

Oh Ana, how beautiful all of the rosaries and beads are!! What a lovely post,
Hugs
Jacqui

Sarah said...

Ana, both are lovely. I think my favorite is the one with the metal cross and the dark/light beads. They look fabulous in your vignette.

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Those are so beautiful, Ana! As I've said before, your creativity never ceases to amaze me!! Well done! blessings ~ Tanna

Linda said...

They are so pretty Ana...and your photos are beautiful as always!

Shabbygal said...

Ana, so pretty! I love all the inspiration there is out here in blogland! Maybe a bit to much somedays! LOL Traci

Gina said...

Those are beautiful, Ana. I love that you combined the two ideas, putting your own spin on it!

Vicki said...

Ana, those are precious beads and crosses. They look perfect there in your beautiful home!! You continue to amaze me with your artistry!! Have a happy, fun and creative weekend, sweet friend~Sending love to you~Vicki

myric andreasen said...

It is as beautiful as the original inspirations but unique in it's own way!

I'd like to invite you to a Linky party I am having right now. I hope you could link this up :)

Have a great weekend!

xoxo
Myric@Petites Passions

Kerri said...

Very nice as usual :) Always such an inspiration to us! I still use the rosary I made last year. The one with pink & white pearl beads.

Have a wonderful day!

xoxo
Kerri

Katherines Corner said...

absolutely beautiful! xo

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Ana,

I love your good deed beads and how neat that we can get inspiration from each other.
Also how sweet your garden chair is.

Have a happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Pat's Pink Apron said...

Ana,
Love the vignette, and the cross.
I can see why you liked it so.