Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My famous salsa


 Well, famous amongst my family anyway...Hee, hee, hee.
Since I just whipped up a batch I thought I'd share the super easy recipe with you, hope you enjoy.

This is what you'll need:

For this batch I used:

10 Serrano peppers
1 Anaheim pepper
3 Jalapeño peppers
7 medium sizes tomatillos
4 tomatoes

You can use more or less Serranos and Jalapeños depending on how hot you like your salsas. This particular batch turned out a bit on the mild side for my daughter and me, but then again we are use to a lot hotter. But if you ask Hubby he'd say it was "Woo Wee Hot!" Hee, hee, hee.

First thing you are going to do is prep your ingredients. Peel the tomatillos, cut the stems from the peppers (Let me add a little warning here, please be careful when handleing the peppers, they can cause irritation and some burning sensation on the skin. Do not touch your face or eyes. Make sure to wash your hands thouroughly after handleing.) then give all the ingredients a good wash. Next, dump them all into a large pot of water and boil them until tender.
Below is what they should look like when they are ready.
Let them cool down before scooping them with a slotted spoon into a blender.

Puree and add salt to taste...And that's it. Pretty easy huh? Oh but soooo delicious. We put it on everything, and I do mean everything. I guess it's a Mexican thing. Hee, hee, hee.  I do hope you like it.

Oh forgot to mention that this recipe makes about 5 cups of salsa. I know that sounds like a lot but believe me it doesn't last long around here. So I guess if you don't want to make this much you could cut the recipe in half.


Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Wishing you all a wonderful day.


Hugs and Kisses,

13 comments:

Susan said...

I've never made home-made salsa - I might just have to give it a try!

Thanks for sharing the recipe, Ana!

Ruffles and Relics said...

That looks awesome. I will definately have to try this one.

Sea Witch said...

Oh, man that looks fantastic. Love homemade salsa.

Janet said...

I love fresh salsa! Your recipe looks delicious and I will have to try it!

Cindy said...

That is an amazing recipe! I want to go and make it right now! My hubby would love it. I will remember this the next time I go shopping.
Thanks so much for your kind words regarding my daughter, she's doing better and I am going home in two days.
Hugs, Cindy

Leslie said...

yummo! I can see why it is so famous ~ looks delicious!!
My daughter just made salsa last night, I love it with fruit like peach or apple.
Have a great night.

Gina said...

My husband would love this! I'm a complete baby with anything hot or spicy.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Ana,

Your salsa looks wonderful, and thanks for sharing the recipe. My husband likes really hot salsa, I on the other hand like mine mild.

Happy week and many thanks for visiting me
Hugs
Carolyn

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

This sounds amazing, Ana!! thank you so much for sharing with us. we like it hot here, too!! ;) blessings and hugs ~ tanna

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Delish! Why is it that hot and spicy cools you off in hot weather? For some strange reason, it works!

DREAMS ON 34th STREET ~ French Bread & Family said...

Ana!
Thank you! I'm going to make this on the weekend!
~Lynne
w/L.

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hi Anna ~
I LOVE hot salsa!! I'm definitley going to try your recipe this weekend!
Yum Yum :-)
xoCheers,
Lynn

Vicki said...

Ana, I know that salsa must taste divine. Especially since it was prepared by you with love for your family!!! Thank you for sharing your easy recipe, too. I hope you have the best of weekends, sweet friend! Vicki