Monday, December 10, 2012

Most Treasured Ornament 2012

Hi Everyone,
 
Last night I finished my Most Treasured Ornament for this year and I just couldn't wait to show you.
 
For those of you new to my blog, every year I make an ornament to commemorate a special event or events that took place that particular year...
 
For this year I made a Sequoia National Park ornament. Back in April my hubby, daughter and I went there for our family vacation and it was so much fun and such a memorable trip it definitely had to be showcased in our ornament.
Here it is.
Not sure if you can tell in the above picture, but it is a sphere inside a sphere. I found the spheres at a Hobby Lobby while on our family vacation. We don't have a Hobby Lobby here so visiting my very first one made the trip for me a little more special...Hee, hee, hee. On the outside of it I put a couple of souvenir buttons we picked up in the park.
The smaller sphere also holds a wee tiny pine cone which represents the park and its beautiful giant trees, especial the one called General Sherman..."The Tallest Tree on Earth".
On the outside hangs a little tag with a picture of us in front of General Sherman.
The back of the tag has a picture I took of a sign at the entrance of the park.
 
If you would like to see other year's Most Treasured Ornaments just click here and once there, scroll down.
 
 
Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
 
Oh and don't forget our 12 Days Before Christmas Countdown/Giveaway begins this Thursday...Hope to see you then.
 
 
 
Hugs and Kisses,

14 comments:

Karen said...

That is a beautiful ornament, a great way to commemorate your trip.Gen. Sherman is a breathtaking site!

Gina said...

I love it! I was hoping you were going to show us this year's ornament! You always amaze me with your creativity on these. It's an idea I wish I had started years ago.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, Ana, I had to go back and look at all your treasured ornaments. How very special they all are! It must be so fun to put those on the tree every year and relive all those special moments!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Such a neat idea Ana! I love HL too but it's about 35 miles from me.

Teresa said...

Lovely Idea!
This is our - you and me - first Christmas so I no idea you had this tradition.
Lovely, like you.
Thank you for sharing. Already hoping for lovely adventures for you to have on the next year, so I can witness this tradition for so many more years.
Thank you for sharing!

Cindy said...

I have always loved your idea of making commemorative Christmas ornaments. And this years is lovely! Very pretty and such a sweet reminder of the fun that you enjoyed as a family. I mentioned you today on my blog!
Love and hugs, cindy

Ido said...

I looked at all your ornaments, and the one of the sonogram of your daughter almost brought me to tears. I love them all and I think that's the best tradition ever, loved the idea!
Wishing you a lovely day!
XOXO Ido

Janet said...

Your ornament is so amazing! I think that's such a great idea to make an ornament each year to remember your vacation or special event.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a wonderful idea!

Amy Jo said...

Hi Anna,

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for becoming my new follower!! I am following you too. Your blog is so pretty. I love your home and your little dolls are sooo cute.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

That's so pretty Ana!... and I love how you have displayed it... miss your visits... xoxo Julie Marie

Kadee @KadeeWillow said...

I have never seen anyone create an ornament with a special event in mind...now that is a great idea!! Job well done! And I love the tag you created!!

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

I remember when you went to the park Sequoia. I remember that beautiful tree and the rock bridge. really deserved to be part of the ornament of the year. I hug my sweet friend

Art and Sand said...

What a wonderful idea to spark memories each year when you hang the ornament.