Monday, February 25, 2013

Sweet Little Dolly

Hello everyone!

This is my new little dolly. Isn't she the sweetest? Not sure if you knew this about me but, I love dolls...What can I say, I am still a little girl at heart. She was my Valentine's Day gift from my hubby.





However this is not what she looked like when I first got her. This is not what she looked like when she first won my heart...

She has been cleaned up, her dress and undergarments have been washed, mended and pressed and her little body has been re-strung...I still need to work on her little mohair wig though.

I found her at a thrift store. Wanna hear something super silly? When I first picked her out of a bin full of random toys and saw the disheveled state she was in well, it touched me so much it actually moved me to tears...Silly huh? Well needless to say when my hubby saw me crying like a big baby and cradling the doll in the middle of the store he said, "You're not leaving her behind." He knew I had connected with this dirty little doll and there was no way he was going to let me leave her behind.
This is how she looked when I first found her. Unfortunately the black velevet trim was so old it just fell apart when I hand washed it.. I was only able to salvage the bow from the back that is now on her hair but, other than that everthing else cleaned up really well.
I know she's only a doll but, the thought of her once belonging to a little girl who loved her and who played with her and now she was all alone and forgotten in a bin full of random toys at a thrift store....Oh my goodness I can't believe I'm tearing up again....Anyway, she has a new home with me now and she will be loved once again...Oh and I'm planning on making her new little outfits so she will be played with once again too. Hee, hee, hee.


Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.
Wishing you all a wonderful day.
Hugs and Kisses,

23 comments:

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

Oh,I wouldn't have been able to leave her behind either,Ana. You know I even like her in her dishevelled state too. She is Cinderella over again. Hasn't she got a lovely expression on her face? x

Cindy said...

Ah, you really are just a tender hearted little girl. She is an adorable little thing, I can see why you love her so. She is so lucky to have been picked up by YOU!
Love and hugs, Cindy

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

She is the sweetest thing, and I can't believe what she looked like when you found her! I, too, have a weakness for sweet old dolls, bears, well anything with sad little eyes looking at me. I'm glad you rescued her and gave her a new lease on life. :)

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Such a sweet story-I love you gave her a new home. She is beautiful!

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Oooh Ana, I have tears in my eyes now... she is beautiful!... have you given her a name?... which brand of doll is she, is she marked on the back of her neck or anywhere?... so happy she has a new home... it was meant to be, xoxo Julie Marie

jenann said...

Not silly to feel moved to tears at all. I have a few dolls that I've rescued and what always comes to my mind is that s/he may have been the pride and joy of a child one Christmas morning, but then what happened? I have a strange habit of imagining a past for my little orphans.
Am I regressing to childhood? Going into my second childhood phase? (possible at my age) But I think that, in all honesty, I just never grew up and I'm very happy that way!
Jenni

Janet said...

This little doll is so sweet and I can see why you wanted her. She reminds me of all the little toys in the movie Toy Story who became left behind and forgotten. How nice she has a new home and someone to love her again!

Ido said...

Hi Ana, you did a fantastic job cleaning her up, she is beautiful!
Hugs & Kisses!
Ido

Red Rose Alley said...

Ana,
This sweet doll has made its way to your house. You have transformed her into a special beautiful doll. If we get creative, look what we can do! I love dolls too, especially handmade and cloth dolls. You remind me of me, as I tear up easily too. I bet you have a heart as big as the ocean.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Amy Jo @ Sunny Skies and Sweet Tea said...


What a lucky find! She is one happy doll I am sure.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Ana,
I believe I have this very same doll from my childhood.
No, not silly at all.. I think it is such a sweet thing to take her home, you have a very tender heart dear friend.
blessings,
Penny

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh Ana, She is beautiful. I am so glad you saw the potential laying there and rescued her. You will have so much fun making her clothes.
xo rachel

Teresa said...

She was so loved once. I'm so happy she foundyou and got a second round in Happiness and Care.

May we all have a Ana in our path for great - amazing - and lovely second chances.

Love her then and love her now. Thank you for sharing!

Yours,
Teresa

•♥ Ally ♥• said...

oh mamma, mi sono commossa. com'era sporca poverina. La mia dolce meravigliosa amica che riesce a guardare le cose col cuore. non si può far altro che volerti bene. tuo marito sa di essere tanto fortunato?

oh mom, I was moved. she was dirty, poor . My sweet wonderful friend who can look at things from the heart. we can not do anything but love you. Your husband knows to be so lucky?

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Ana,

I love that you have given your new sweet doll a home. How pretty she is and glad she is all clean and beautiful.
Another doll collector here too - I have always loved my dolls.

Hope you are having a wonderful week
hugs
Carolyn

June said...

Oh Ana, you are so sweet! I love how you made her beautiful again! She is a treasure and I am so happy she is living with you now.
hugs...

Teresa said...

Came back ;)
Why do you ask?!
Wanted to share with you this pin:

pinterest.com/pin/51721095692675468/

They say it works with Barbie hair. Not sure all dolls are made equal, though ;).

Just thought it was worth the suggestion for the Dolly's hair case.

Love,
T

Martina said...

Hi, i'm coming over from Anita, and a a new follower of your blog. Want to follow me too?
I have a great giveaway going on, you can win free designer eyeglasses! See you soon - hope you have a lovely weekend, M.

Art and Sand said...

Oh, my, you really did nurse her back to beauty.

Katherines Corner said...

Ana, you have loved her back to beautiful! xo P.S. did you get your entry in for my new giveaway?

Kerri said...

Oh Ana, you did an awesome job on the refurbished doll... WOW very impressive!! Thanks for stopping by to visit me. I miss your visits!

Have a blessed week :)

xoxo
Kerri



~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

She is delightful and you did a marvelous job of cleaning her up. I collect dolls, too so I can appreciate how you feel about her. I got a vintage doll for my birthday...one like I had when I was a girl! (a Toodles doll)

Chenille Cottage said...

What a precious post. I love your little dolly and I'm glad she has found a loving home. she kind of makes me thing of Little Orphan Annie. You have done such a beautiful job of bringing her tattered little face and body back to life.
Your heart is tender and it's clear to see that your husband's is, too.
Blessings,
Carolynn